Evercoss M50 Star Plus is one of the latest smartphones by Evercoss brand. It runs on stock Android 8.1 Oreo which is optimized for low-specs smartphones. If you’re using this device and want to enable root access via Magisk, then this guide is for you. Here we have shared the required downloads, pre-requirements, and an Easy Method To Root Evercoss M50 Star Plus Using Magisk without TWRP Recovery.
As an Android user, most of us want to heavily customize our Android devices. Rooting an Android device opens the unlimited possibilities of customizations that include installing rooted apps, hibernate background running tasks, improve battery life, lock screen or status bar changes, etc. It also offers uninstalling system apps, edit/delete system root files, installing custom modules, and more. All of these things can’t be possible without rooting.
What is Magisk?
There are two most popular and widely used rooting methods available such as SuperSU and Magisk. Both the SuperSU and Magisk offer root access but nowadays, most of the developers and users prefer Magisk. Magisk is a system-less root that enables root access over the system components without affecting the system core-files.
Therefore, Magisk alters and stores the temporary files in the device boot partition. This is a quite safe method and effective as well. It doesn’t hamper Google’s SafetyNet security feature and other banking apps also work fine with Magisk. Magisk comes with a Magisk Manager app that offers rooted device status, downloading & installing custom modules on your device, and more.
- Your device warranty may void after rooting.
- Rooting will block the software OTA updates.
Now, let’s take a look at the requirements, downloads, and steps to Root Evercoss M50 Star Plus using Magisk.
- The Stock ROM and Boot Image File are only for the Evercoss M50 Star Plus model.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device data at first.
- Charge your device battery more than 60% at least.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download all the required files from below.
- Download ADB and Fastboot files. (Windows/MAC)
- Evercoss USB Drivers – download and install it on your computer.
- Download the Magisk Manager app for your device.
- Evercoss M50 Star Plus Stock ROM – download on your PC.
- Download and Install SPD Flash Tool on your computer as well.
Let’s head over to the rooting steps one-by-one.
1. Steps to Extract and Patch Boot Image using Magisk
- You have to download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Open the Magisk Manager app on your device. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select Install and choose to install again.
- Tap on the “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Go to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now, you need to follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Evercoss M50 Star Plus
Follow the given link to install Patched Boot Image on Evercoss M50 Star Plus:Guide to Install the Patched Boot Image on Spreadtrum Device
Root Evercoss M50 Star Plus via ADB Fastboot
In some cases, if the above method to Root Evercoss M50 Star Plus doesn’t work, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- After extracting the ADB Fastboot tool, you must move the patched boot image to the same folder. Hold the Shift key and click on the right mouse button to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Run the following command in the open command prompt.
- Flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the following commands: fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Kindly replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- The flashing process will begin. Once done, run
- You’re done.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Download and install the Magisk Manager APK, and launch it.
- To verify that you have a systemless root, check the top of the screen and if you see all options with Green Tick that means you’ve successfully rooted and bypassed the SafetyNet feature.
We hope this guide is helpful to you and you’ve easily rooted your Evercoss M50 Star Plus device via Magisk. For any queries, you can ask in the comments below.