Here in this guide, we will help you to flash the magisk to root Galaxy A80 (SM-A805X: Here X stands for all versions). Read our step by step guide properly!
Who doesn’t want to get the most of his Android device..?! Getting the superuser access through the root and to be able to control various aspects like clock, access to cache etc. are few of the various possibilities that we can explore. When we mention root access, this means we need to perform a certain modification that will root our phone and we will have access to the root directory of our device. In this post, we will show you how to root Galaxy A80 (SM-A805).
We will use the Magisk by patching the stock boot image and flash that to your boot partition. All you need to do is download the patched image file from Magisk Manager and flash it.
You need to have an unlocked bootloader on your phone before you can root Galaxy A80. We have detailed the method on that below.
Mostly uninitiated people compare rooting with hacking which is not correct. The purpose in both contexts is quite different. Hacking is more like breaking into someone’s else system illegally, whereas rooting is mostly done by the owner of an Android device to gain superuser advantages of the device.
Steps To Root Galaxy A80 Using Magisk
First of all, we need to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A80. Then you can continue with the next steps. After this, we need to download and flash the patched ramdisk file which we mentioned above.
- After Rooting, it may void the warranty of your phone.
- Rooting will block the OTA updates
Download Stock ROM and Extract the Boot Image
Here is the link for the same.
Once you have the right firmware for your device [Check your device firmware build number], you can extract the boot.img to patch it via Magisk manager app.
1. How to Create a Patched boot image using Magisk Manager?
- First of all, download and install the latest Magisk Manager app.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
ODIN needs files in .tar format. So use 7zip and archive/compress to .tar format. You can even rename the file as boot.img.tar as shown in the below screenshot.
Before moving on to the flashing steps, you need to follow a few,
2. How To Install the Patched Boot Image tar file on Galaxy A80
- Make sure to have enough battery charge on your phone to avoid interruption during the patch installation.
- Before performing any modification take backup of your device data.
- This image file is strictly for Samsung Galaxy A80 only. Do not use it on any other Samsung or other Android devices.
- Download Latest ODIN File
- A PC/Laptop and a micro USB cable.
- Drop the Patched boot image file inside your ADB/Fastboot folder
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers.
Instructions to root
Assuming that you have used our above instruction and unlocked the bootloader, we will continue on flashing the patched boot image.
- First, let’s begin by booting our phone into download mode.
- Connect your phone to PC using the USB cable
- Once you are connected, now open the downloaded ODIN exe
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Now Load the patched boot tar file in the AP section.
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Now tap on the start button to root your device.
- Once it is done, your device will reboot.
- First boot will take some time.
So, that’s it. Now that you have rooted your Samsung Galaxy A80 (SM-A805), you can try this out. If you have any queries regarding this, do let us know.
Samsung Galaxy A80 Specifications:
- Samsung Galaxy A80 device comes with a 6.70-inch touchscreen display and a resolution of 1080 X 2400 pixels
- This is powered by a 1.7GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G processor
- It features 2 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz and 6 cores clocked at 1.7GHz
- This device comes with 8GB of RAM
- It runs on Android 9.0 Pie and is powered by a 3,700 mAh battery
- The device supports proprietary fast charging
- As far as the camera of this phone is concerned, on the rear, it packs a 48-megapixel primary camera having an f/2.0 aperture, and a second 8-megapixel camera with an f/2.2 aperture
- The device runs One UI based on Android 9.0 Pie.
- This has a 128GB of inbuilt storage
- It is a Dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone and accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards
- It measures 165.20 X 76.50 X 9.30 mm (height x width x thickness)
- Connectivity options are GPS, USB Type-C Port, 3G and 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, A-GPS, GLONASS, Dual-band Wi-Fi b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, etc.
- Samsung Galaxy A80 Flash Files (Stock Firmware Guide)
- Samsung Galaxy A80 Android 11 (Android R) Update Timeline
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy A80 (SM-A805F) and Root it
- Download Samsung Galaxy A80 Combination ROM files and ByPass FRP Lock
- Is Samsung Galaxy A80 Waterproof and Dustproof protected device?