Here in this guide, we will help you to flash the magisk to root Huawei Y6 2018. Read our step by step guide properly!
Who doesn't want to get the most of his Android device..?! Getting the superuser access through root and to be able to control various aspects like clocking, access to cache etc. are few of the various possibilities that we can explore. When we mention of root access, this means we need to perform a certain modification that will root our phone and we will have the access to the root directory of our device. In this post, we will show you how to root Huawei Y6 2018.
Huawei Y6 2018 features a 5.7-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Y6 2018 comes with 13MP with LED flash rear camera and 5MP front shooting camera for selfies with LED flash. The handset came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo and backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery.
We will use the Magisk by patching the stock boot image and flash that to your boot partition. However it may get confusing for you, so, thanks to XDA developer TenSeventy7 who did the stock boot patching and flashing. He is the one who brings this for all root fanatics. All you need to do is download the patched image file and flash it. Also thanks to topjohnwu, man behind the Magisk development.
You need to have an unlocked bootloader on your phone before you can root Huawei Y6 2018. We have detailed the method on that below.
Mostly uninitiated people compare rooting with hacking which is not correct. The purpose in both contexts is quite different. Hacking is more like breaking into someone's else system illegally, whereas rooting is mostly done by the owner of an Android device to gain superuser advantages of the device.
Steps To Root Huawei Y6 2018 Using Magisk
First of all, we need to unlock the device bootloader on Huawei Y6 2018. Then you can continue with the next steps. After this, we need to download and flash the patched ramdisk file which we mentioned above.
- After Rooting, it may void the warranty of your phone.
- Rooting wil block the OTA updates
Download Patched Stock Boot Image File
Here is the link for the same.
Before moving on to the flashing steps, you need to follow a few,
- Make sure to have enough battery charge on your phone to avoid interruption during the patch installation.
- Before performing any modification take backup of your device data.
- This image file is strictly for Huawei Y6 2018 only. Do not use it on any other Huawei or other Android devices.
- Install ADB and Fastboot files. (Windows/MAC)
- A PC/Laptop and a micro USB cable.
- Install Huawei Y6 2018 USB Drivers.
Instructions to Install
Assuming that you have used our above instruction and unlocked the bootloader, we will continue on flashing the patched boot image.
- First, let's begin by moving our phone into fastboot mode.
- Hold and long press Power button + Volume Keys for sometimes. Don't release the buttons till you see the fastboot screen.
- Now connect your device to the PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- If you've not downloaded, download the patched image file and
- Move that file into the ADB folder on PC.
- While you are in the ADB folder, press right-click + shift key in the empty space. You will see the below dialog box popping up.
- Click on Open Powershell Window here. Basically, the command prompt opens up upon clicking.
- Now type the following command and press enter
- This command will return a device ID to confirm your device is connected properly.
- This is the important step. Type the exact command without quotes
fastboot flash ramdisk ATOMU-Magisk_<xx.x>_<yyyyyyy>.img
- This will patch the Magisk ramdisk to your device and your phone will get rooted.
- The flashing may take some time. After flashing, you need to reboot the device. To do it, give the command,
So, that's it. Now that you know how to root Huawei Y6 2018, you can try this out. If you have any queries regarding this, do let us know.
Uninstall Magisk on Huawei Y6 2018:
- Download the stock ramdisk from the downloads section.
- Reboot to fastboot using ADB or turn off your device, then hold the power and volume down buttons until Fastboot shows up.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you have entered fastboot, now type the command below to install the stock ramdisk:
fastboot flash ramdisk ramdisk.img
- That's it! Now you can reboot your device by typing
I hope this guide has helped to root your Huawei Y6 2018 with Magisk.