Do you want to install Custom Recovery on Lenovo VIBE Z2 Pro K920. Here is our full guide on How to Root and Install TWRP For Lenovo VIBE Z2 Pro K920. TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery which is also known as TeamWin Recovery built with a touchscreen-enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recovery images.
This is a guide to Install latest TWRP For Lenovo VIBE Z2 Pro K920. This is a guide to Install latest TWRP 188.8.131.52 for Lenovo VIBE Z2 Pro K920. The TWRP 184.108.40.206 Recovery has a material design, so Now you can install Material Designed TWRP 3.0 for Lenovo VIBE Z2 Pro K920. Download the TWRP Recovery 220.127.116.11 for Lenovo VIBE Z2 Pro K920 today and Read the steps below. This is not an official TWRP Recovery for Lenovo VIBE Z2 Pro K920 from TWRP Team. If you install any Custom Recovery on Lenovo VIBE Z2 Pro K920, you can install Custom ROM, Custom Mods, Custom Kernels or any zip file such as Xposed. Read the guide carefully on How to Root and Install TWRP For Lenovo VIBE Z2 Pro K920.
Post Updated on 06 September 2016 – Updated with Latest TWRP with key features such as
- Based on android-7.0 TWRP sources (support for log…)
- Updated fstab, better protection (you can’t accidentally flash .img to bootloader anymore)
- Full /data HW decryption support (PIN/password/pattern)
- Full adb support – sideload, ro.secure=0, etc…
- Full SELinux support
- OTA updates support
- MTP & USB-OTG support
This is ported by XDA member bballzeroone on XDA
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and I’m not responsible if you damage your phone or brick your device.
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP), is an open-source software customrecoveryimage for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WIKI
- This Guide is for How to Root and Install TWRP For Lenovo VIBE Z2 Pro K920
- You need either Laptop or PC.
- Download Chainfire SuperSU.zip
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here and Extract it.
- Download TWRP and Rename the TWRP file to Recovery.img (not “recovery.img.img”) and Copy it to extracted ADB and Fastboot Tools Folder
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
REMEMBER TO RENAME THE TWRP RECOVERY NAME TO “RECOVERY”
STEPS FOR How to Root and Install TWRP For Lenovo VIBE Z2 Pro K920
- Enable USB Debugging first.
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging.
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable.
- You need to Reboot the phone into Bootloader – Type the Command from below in your Command window that you opened.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will boot into bootloader, If it don’t check if your cable or drivers working properly. Now type the below command on your command window.
- To flash the recovery, Type the command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- To flash Boot Code
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Now if it shows the command like this then reboot your device. TWRP has successfull installed. Enjoy
- TO REBOOT INTO RECOVERY, TURN YOUR PHONE OFF, PRESS VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON TOGETHER TO ENTER RECOVERY.
HOW TO ROOT Lenovo VIBE Z2 Pro K920 USING TWRP RECOVERY
- You may have downloaded the SuperSu zip file from the section above what you need, If not – CLICK HERE to Download SuperSU
- Now move the SuperSu zip file to the root of your internal memory
- Boot your phone into recovery by by pressing “Volume Down + Power” button simultaneously.
- In TWRP Recovery, Click the INSTALL menu and Browse and Select the SuperSu Zip
- Now Swipe to Install SuperSu
- Yes, Now the root must be working if you properly installed the Kingroot
- To verify, Go to Google Play and download the Root Checker app to check the root status. If root checker app says root access available then Enjoy you have root on your Lenovo VIBE Z2 Pro K920
So Hope you have understood on How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery For Lenovo VIBE Z2 Pro K920 , If yes then please give the star rating. If not leave a message, We will help you.