This guide is to Root and install Official TWRP for Samsung Galaxy J1 2016. Only SM-J120H is unofficially supported with TWRP 184.108.40.206. Follow the steps below on How to Root and Install Official TWRP for Samsung Galaxy J1 2016.
Here is our full guide on How to Install Official TWRP for Samsung Galaxy J1 2016. TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery which is also known as TeamWin Recovery built with a touchscreen-enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recovery images.
This guide is to Install the Official TWRP for Samsung Galaxy J1 2016. Now download is available. You can download the latest Twrp recovery for Samsung Galaxy J1 2016 Officially. From TWRP, the latest version is 220.127.116.11.
If you don’t know about TWRP, TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery, any handset you buy will come on Stock Recovery which will restrict you from enjoying Flashing any Custom ROM or Updates on your android device. TWRP Recovery helps you in Installing CUSTOM ROM, Mods, or kernel on your device. To install TWRP for Samsung Galaxy J1 2016, you need Unlocked Bootloader first. So please unlock and then follow this guide to Install Official TWRP for Samsung Galaxy J1 2016.
Shared By XDA Junior Member 4ld0u5 on XDA Forum
This recovery will TRIP your Knox Counter and your warranty will be void.
This recovery is only for Samsung Galaxy J1 2016 SM-J120H supported with unofficial TWRP.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that. By doing this, you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So be careful
- Remember this step is about How to Install Official TWRP for Samsung Galaxy J1 2016 with SM-J120h
- Your phone must have 70% Of battery
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data)
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
- Download TWRP From TWRP website
Steps for How to Install Official TWRP for Samsung Galaxy J1 2016
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Also Enable OEM Unlocking by Going into Settings -> Developer Options -> Toggle OEM Unlocking
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.11.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator (If there is a pop-up regarding Installing ADB drivers let it finish, it usually updates)
- Now Reboot your phone into Download Mode
- So First Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons Until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin (also make sure the COM : xx (xx is usb port number it can be any number so don’t worry about it, just verify COM is lit up)
- Add the Recovery TWRP .tar file which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button and load it inside it
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see
- Also, Uncheck the Auto Reboot if you installing for the first time
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few seconds until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS
- Restart the phone into recovery by Holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
- Voila! Now you have a TWRP Recoveryon your phone.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy J1 2016 with TWRP
- You may have downloaded the SuperSu zip file from the section above what you need, If not – CLICK HERE to Download SuperSU.
- Now move the SuperSu zip file to the root of your internal memory.
- Boot your phone into recovery by pressing “Volume Down + Power” button simultaneously.
- In TWRP Recovery, Click the INSTALL menu and Browse and Select the SuperSu Zip.
- Now Swipe to Install SuperSu.
- Yes, Now the root must be working if you properly installed.
- To verify, Go to Google Play and download the Root Checker app to check the root status. If root checker app says root access available then Enjoy you have root on your Samsung Galaxy J1 2016.