Good News for all Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo users. Now you can install Custom Recovery TWRP Recovery For Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo. Today we will guide on How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery For Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo. TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery which is also known as TeamWin Recovery built with a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recovery images. To install any Recovery, First, unlock the bootloader on your phone, Check this to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo.
In this guide, you can download and install the TWRP Recovery for Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo. This is an unofficial TWRP Recovery for Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo. Download now and enjoy Custom Recovery on Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo. The TWRP Recovery comes with a 3.1.0-0 version which has a Material Design, Touch Screen Support, and Encryption mode.
The rooting Procedure is followed only after installing the TWRP Recovery on your Phone. I want to try only the Rooting procedure, we recommend following How to Root any Android Phone without a PC.
If you want to unleash the full power of Android Modding, then flashing TWRP Recovery is the first priority to get all modding abilities on your Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo. If you have a TWRP for Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo, you can always try Custom ROM, Kernel, Xposed, Rooting, Mods, etc in a few simple steps.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
To install TWRP Recovery or any Custom Recovery on Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo, you must have an Unlocked Bootloader. If your phone doesn’t have an Unlocked Bootloader, first of all, you should go and unlock the bootloader of your phone. Only after doing so, you can safely apply everything that’s detailed in this tutorial.
Advantage of TWRP Recovery
- You can flash Custom ROM with TWRP Recovery
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to use Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can always take FULL NANDROID Backup in case of any modding or flashing.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery.
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
ALSO RELATED POST :
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on your Device
- Root and Install Unofficial TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Vibe P1/TurboM
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo
GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- This Guide is for How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery For Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo.
- You need either a Laptop or a PC.
- Download Chainfire Super SU.zip
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Back up your device just in case you need it later
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here and Extract it.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
Also Read: TeamWin rolled new updated TWRP v3.1.0 with ADB Backup Support
REMEMBER TO RENAME THE TWRP RECOVERY NAME TO “RECOVERY”
STEPS FOR How to Install TWRP Recovery For Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo
- Enable USB Debugging
- To Enable USB Debugging, First of all, You need to activate Developer Option on your smartphone.
- To activate, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable.
- You need to Reboot the phone into Bootloader – To reboot, type the following Command from below in your Command window that you opened.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will boot into bootloader, If it doesn’t boot, then please make sure your cable and usb drivers have been installed properly.
- Now type the below command on your command window.
This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- To flash the recovery, Type the command. (Please make sure the name of TWRP image, if you renamed it to recovery.img, then after the flash recovery, type recovery.img)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now if it shows the command like this then reboot your device. TWRP has successfull installed. Enjoy
- TO REBOOT INTO RECOVERY, TURN YOUR PHONE OFF, PRESS VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON TOGETHER TO ENTER RECOVERY OR USE VOLUME DOWN + HOLD POWER BUTTON to boot into bootloader and then use the volume down and up button to navigate and select Recovery and press Power button to boot.
HOW TO ROOT Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo USING TWRP RECOVERY
- You may have downloaded the Super Su zip file from the section above what you need, If not – CLICK HERE to Download SuperSU
- Now move the Super Su zip file to the root of your internal memory
- Boot your phone into recovery by by pressing “Volume Down + Power” button simultaneously.
- In TWRP Recovery, Click the INSTALL menu and Browse and Select the Super Su Zip
- Now Swipe to Install SuperSu
- Yes, Now the root must be working if you properly installed.
- To verify, Go to Google Play and download the Root Checker app to check the root status. If root checker app says root access available then Enjoy you have root on your Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo
So Hope you have understood on How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery For Lenovo Vibe P1/Turbo , If yes then please give the star rating. If not leave a message, We will help you.
I tried both the TWRP files 3.1.0 and 3.1.1. It says Sending OKAY. Writing FAILED (remote : invalid signature and data). Can you help. Thanks
Also how to place the SuperSU.zip in the root folder without rooting in first place??? Im confused. Can you help in this regard too?
Here the root folder means the internal memory and you should place the file in the root of the internal memory not inside any folder.
I tried both the TWRP files 3.1.0 and 3.1.1. It says Sending OKAY.
Writing FAILED (remote : invalid signature and data).
Can you help. Thanks
I followed your steps for unlocking bootloader and also followed everything you have mentioned in the flashing twrp so far.
can you help me with y it says writing FAILED????