Do you want to install Custom Recovery on LG G Pad X 8.0? Here is our full guide on How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery for LG G Pad X 8.0. TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery which is also known as TeamWin Recovery built with a touchscreen-enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recovery images.
This is a guide to Install latest TWRP for LG G Pad X 8.0. This is a guide to Install latest TWRP 188.8.131.52 for LG G Pad X 8.0. The TWRP 184.108.40.206 Recovery has a material design, so Now you can install Material Designed TWRP 3.0 for LG G Pad X 8.0. Download the TWRP Recovery 220.127.116.11 for LG G Pad X 8.0 today and Read the steps below. This is an official TWRP Recovery for LG G Pad X 8.0 from TWRP Team. If you install any Custom Recovery on LG G Pad X 8.0, you can install Custom ROM, Custom Mods, Custom Kernels or any zip file such as Xposed. Read the guide carefully on How to Root and Install TWRP on LG G Pad X 8.0.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and i’m not responsible if you damage your phone or brick your device.
PREREQUISITE TO ROOT AND INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY FOR LG G PAD X 8.0 :
- This TWRP is for LG G Pad X 8.0 (V521, V522, V525)
- You need a Laptop or PC
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later
- New TWRP 18.104.22.168 img : Download move to root of your internal memory.
- You need to Root your device first.
To Install TWRP Recovery on LG G Pad X 8.0, we required rooting. Because this step we install TWRP Recovery for LG G Pad X 8.0 via Flashify app.
How to Root LG G PAD X 8.0 :
- Download the ROM
- Download LG UP software and Install it on your PC/Laptop
- Download the .dll file from here and extract and Rename "LGUP_c.dll" to "LGUP_common.dll"
- Create a new folder inside the C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model with name \common\
- Now move the "LGUP_common.dll" to C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common\
- Now take a full backup of your LG smartphone using LG UP software
- You need to Unlock the Bootloader, To unlock follow the steps below
HOW TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON LG G PAD X 8.0
- Enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable
- You need to Reboot the phone into Bootloader – Type the Command from below in your Command window that you opened
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will boot into bootloader, If it don’t check if your cable or drivers working properly. Now type the below command on your command window
- To unlock bootloader, type the command below given
fastboot oem unlock
- You have unlocked your device successfully.
- Follow the steps below to Root your LG G PAD X 8.0 with model no V521, V522, V525
- Reboot your tablet.
- Time to Root your Tablet. Now connect your Tablet or PC and open LG UP
- Just Make sure USB is set to file transfer mode.
- In LG UP software, choose the option "upgrade" and locate the downloaded .dz ROM file.
- Once you are done Press Start and wait for the installation to complete successfully.
- This will take up to 15 - 20 minutes which is normal.
- When it is done, reboot your phone and you will have root on your phone.
How to install TWRP Recovery for LG G Pad X 8.0
- Now you are ready to Install TWRP if you have root on your tablet.
- Download Flashify app and Install it on your tablet
- Once you open the flashify app, Grant root permission and you will be ready to go.
- Now tap on Recovery image to install TWRP Recovery for LG G Pad X 8.0
- Now Choose the file and look for the TWRP image file that you moved to root of your internal memory
- That's it ! Your LG G PAD X 8.0 will have a TWRP Recovery.