Today i will guide on How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LG V10. If you didn’t unlock bootloader, then check our previous post on How to Unlock Bootloader on LG V10.
This is a guide to Install latest TWRP 126.96.36.199 for LG V10 with model no LG-H901 and LG-H960A. The TWRP 188.8.131.52 Recovery has a material design, so Now you can install TWRP 3.0 for LG V10. Download the TWRP Recovery 184.108.40.206 for LG V10 today and Read the steps below. This is not an official TWRP Recovery for LG V10 from TWRP Team. If you install any Custom Recovery on LG V10, you can install Custom ROM, Custom Mods, Custom Kernels or any zip file such as Xposed. You can flash ROM, Mods or zip file using the TWRP Recovery on LG V10. Read the guide carefully on How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LG V10.
ALSO READ : How to Unlock Bootloader on LG V10
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP), is an open-source software customrecoveryimage for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WIKI
- This Guide is for How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LG V10 with support for Model No : LG-H901 and LG-H960A
- You need either Laptop or PC
- Download Chainfire SuperSU.zip and move the file to Internal memory
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here and Extract it.
- Download TWRP and move it to extracted ADB and Fastboot Tools Folder
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
REMEMBER TO RENAME THE TWRP RECOVERY NAME TO “RECOVERY”
STEPS FOR How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LG V10.
- First of all, Unlock Bootloader on LG V10
- Enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable
- You need to Reboot the phone into Bootloader – Type the Command from below in your Command window that you opened
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will boot into bootloader, If it don’t check if your cable or drivers working properly. Now type the below command on your command window
- To flash the recovery, Type the command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now if it shows the command like this then reboot your device. TWRP has successfull installed. Enjoy
- TO REBOOT INTO RECOVERY, TURN YOUR PHONE OFF, PRESS VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON TOGETHER TO ENTER RECOVERY.
HOW TO ROOT LG V10 USING TWRP RECOVERY
- You may have downloaded the SuperSu zip file from the section above what you need, If not – CLICK HERE to Download SuperSU
- Now move the SuperSu zip file to the root of your internal memory
- Boot your phone into recovery by pressing “Volume Down + Power” button simultaneously.
- In TWRP Recovery, Click the INSTALL menu and Browse and Select the SuperSu Zip
- Now Swipe to Install SuperSu
- Yes, Now the root must be working if you properly installed the Kingroot
- To verify, Go to Google Play and download the Root Checker app to check the root status. If root checker app says root access available then Enjoy you have root on your
- LG V10
So Hope you have understood on How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LG V10. If yes then please give the star rating. If not leave a message, We will help you.