Here we will guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Yu Yuphoria (lettuce). Once you finish the installation, you can root your phone using TWRP recovery.
Talking about the specifications, YU Yuphoria features a 5.0-inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM and Adreno 306 GPU. The phone comes with 16GB internal memory and supports microSD, up to 32 GB (dedicated slot). The camera on the YU Yuphoria comes with the 8MP rear camera and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Removable Li-Po 2230 mAh battery.
Today we will guide you on how to install TWRP Recovery on Yu Yuphoria (lettuce). TWRP recovery is considered to be one of the important contributions from the active developer community that Android has. This open-source custom recovery is in wide usage around the world. TWRP recovery helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root or even backup and restore any ROM. Full Credits to developer gh0st_RideR and also TWRP team.
If you are here, then you probably wondering how to install the TWRP Recovery on Yu Yuphoria (lettuce). You can simply follow the guide given here. Once you have installed, you can flash the Super SU or Magisk to root your device very quickly. Before we install TWRP Recovery, let’s understand what is TWRP Recovery and their advantage.
Table of Contents
- 1 Yu Yuphoria specifications:
- 2 What is TWRP Recovery:
- 3 Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Yu Yuphoria (lettuce)
- 4 How to Root Yu Yuphoria (lettuce)
Yu Yuphoria specifications:
YU Yuphoria features a 5.0-inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM and Adreno 306 GPU. The phone comes with 16GB internal memory and supports microSD, up to 32 GB (dedicated slot). The camera on the YU Yuphoria comes with the 8MP rear camera and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Removable Li-Po 2230 mAh battery.
What is TWRP Recovery:
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project is a fully touch-based and open source custom recovery for Android devices. It is the best custom recovery after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). Unlike Stock Recovery, TWRP helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods or even root any Android devices in just a few simple steps.
[su_quote cite=”Wikipedia” url=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWRP”]Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.[/su_quote]
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Yu Yuphoria using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Yu Yuphoria
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Yu Yuphoria.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Yu Yuphoria.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM: Supported Devices List, Downloads and Features
- List of Supported Devices to receive Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo Custom ROM
- List of Supported Devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Yu Yuphoria (lettuce)
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on Yu Yuphoria, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device. Before flashing recovery, please read and install the required drivers and software on your PC.
- This Guide Supported for Yu Yuphoria (lettuce)
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Yu Yuphoria.
- Install latest Android USB Drivers
- You need either Laptop or PC.
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here and Extract it.
Installation Guide using ADB fastboot method:
[su_note note_color=”#035786″ text_color=”#ffffff”]At GetDroidTips, We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this Guide. Do it at your own risk. Remember rooting or installation of Custom Recovery will void the warranty of your phone.[/su_note]
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
- First of all, Download and install or extract the Android SDK or Minimal ADB Folder
- Now Go to C:\adb on the PC where Android SDK folder is found
- Now open the command window (CMD) on the same adb folder by holding the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Select the ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or Command Window option.
- Turn off your phone completely
- Once you completely shut down, now connect the device to the PC while holding the Volume Down key.
- You need to Reboot the phone into Bootloader – To reboot, type the following Command from below in your Command window that you opened.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will boot into bootloader, If it doesn’t boot, then please make sure your cable and USB drivers have been installed properly.
- Now type the below command on your command window.
fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem devices
This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue, you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- To flash the recovery, Type the command. (Please make sure the name of TWRP image, if you renamed it to recovery.img, then after the flash recovery, type recovery.img)
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash recovery recovery.img
- Now if it shows the command like this then reboot your device. TWRP has successfully installed. Enjoy
That’s it! You have installed TWRP Successfully!
How to Root Yu Yuphoria (lettuce)
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Yu Yuphoria without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting Yu Yuphoria, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device any time without any issues.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Yu Yuphoria, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Yu Yuphoria by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Yu Yuphoria.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Yu Yuphoria.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Yu Yuphoria, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root Yu Yuphoria smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#faf5ce” text_color=”#1d1d1d”]Warning: Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk[/su_note]Full Guide to install SuperSU on your phone Full Guide to install Magisk and Magisk Manager
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on Yu Yuphoria (lettuce). Any queries, you can leave a comment down below.
- Update AOSVP ViperOS Oreo on YU Yuphoria based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- How To Install dotOS on YU Yuphoria based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- How To Install Dirty Unicorns Oreo on YU Yuphoria [Android 8.1 Oreo]
- How To Install MIUI 9 Update for YU Yuphoria
- Update Resurrection Remix Oreo on YU Yuphoria (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How To Install crDroid OS Oreo on YU Yuphoria (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Yu Yuphoria
- List Of All Best Custom ROM For YU Yuphoria [Updated]