Oukitel announced the launch of the K13 Pro smartphone in 2019. The manufacturer is offering the Oukitel K13 Pro phone with a 6.41 inches display, Mediatek Helio P22 MT6762 chipset, and the most amazing feature which will help the users to choose this device without any doubt is its massive 11,000 mAh battery.
In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to root Oukitel K13 Pro using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
Every Android user wants to get the most out of it when it comes to the customizations and tweaking your device. Rooting is one of them and offers superuser or administrator access to the user in order to modify the system files and apps easily. After enabling root access, users can edit or delete system root directory files, overclock device performance, use rooted apps, install custom modules, etc. There are unlimited possibilities that you can perform on your rooted Oukitel K13 Pro easily.
In order to root your Oukitel K13 Pro, we will use the Magisk to patch stock boot image and flash that to your device boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Table of Contents
- 1 Oukitel K13 Pro Device Overview
- 2 What is Root? (Advantages)
- 3 Steps To Root Oukitel K13 Pro Using Magisk
- 4 1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- 5 2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Oukitel K13 Pro
Oukitel K13 Pro Device Overview
The display, convenient for viewing content due to the panoramic aspect at 19:9, is a 6.4-inch IPS LTPS panel, in FullHD+ resolution, also appreciable for its color density (389 PPI) with 720×1250 pixel resolution, the looks of the novelty are its strength. As a carboxylic and leather design phone looks great because of more and stylishly designed dual camera and fingerprint scanner, an inexpensive display frame with front fotomodulem- “island”, the presence of metallic elements.
Under the hood, the Oukitel K13 Pro, useful for not showing off fingerprints, the eight-core processor Helio P22 (or a MediaTek MT6762 with graphics card PowerVR GE8320) adopts 4 GB of RAM, and 64 GB of storage, for GizmoChina expandable via microSD.
The new Oukitel K13 Pro takes the thought of a rather curved front panel (2.5D), with a hole (here placed centrally, so on obtain symmetrical notifications) to contain the selfie camera BSI GalaxyCore, 8 megapixels, equipped for facial unlocking that, however, doesn’t replace, but flanks, the scanner for fingerprints, placed on the rear, under the twin camera, 16 + 2 megapixels, with Dual LED Flash, and videos shot at [email protected]
Oukitel K13 Pro features a battery with a capacity of 11000mAh with an autonomy of 744 hours in standby 3060 minutes of talk time. The 11000mAh battery gives not only an excellent thickness to the gadget but also fantastic 3-4 days of labor without recharging.
Integrated with a Dual nanoSIM hybrid, 4G, Wi-Fi n, Bluetooth, and GPS (Glonass, A-GPS), the Oukitel K13 Pro boasts an enormous battery, 11,000 mAh, quickly chargeable (at 5V/6A) via micro USB 2.0 Type-C, and coordinates all the hardware resources seen thus far with the newest stable version of Android now distributed, the Pie 9.0.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Oukitel K13 Pro, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Oukitel K13 Pro by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Oukitel K13 Pro.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Oukitel K13 Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Oukitel K13 Pro, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps To Root Oukitel K13 Pro Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- Your phone should have battery juice more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Oukitel K13 Pro model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, you need to extract the boot image using the MTK Droid Tool
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Oukitel K13 Pro
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Oukitel K13 Pro from below link:
In some cases, if the above method doesn’t work on your Oukitel K13 Pro, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Oukitel K13 Pro device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.