Here in this guide, we will share with you the Easy Method To Root Starlight Safari Using Magisk without TWRP Recovery. The handset comes with MediaTek MT6739 SoC, runs on Android 8.1 Oreo, and more. Now, if you’re using this device and want to enable the root access, this guide is for you.
By rooting your device, you will get superuser access over the system and subsystem. Therefore, you can easily remove, change, or edit system files and apps on your Starlight Safari device. Rooting a smartphone can also be useful to increase battery life, remove bloatware, use some of the rooted apps, and more. If you’re a customization freak and tweaks a lot on your device, this will be very useful. However, there are some of the disadvantages as well which are mentioned below.
Table of Contents
Rooting and its Advantages
Android is known for customizations, tweaks, and development as well due to its open-source nature. Most of the developers and advanced users are always trying to tweak their Android devices. In that case, if you have to unlock the device bootloader and then install Magisk or TWRP. Then you can be able to install Root on your handset. Here we have provided the Magisk method for the systemless root access without any issue.
Rooting a smartphone or a tablet device lets you change themes, removing bloatware, improve battery life, tweaking system root files, visual changes, hibernate system apps, etc. Additionally, you can block app ads, system ads, install Xposed modules, increase device performance, and more. While the smartphone OEMs don’t provide the unlocked bootloader or root access by default. Let’s take a look at the rooting advantages.
- You will get access to the device root directory.
- Increase the device performance by overclocking it.
- Increase battery life by the underclocking device.
- Uninstall Bloatware on the Starlight Safari device.
- Block Ads on any application.
- You can View, Edit, or Delete any system files inside the root directory.
- Support to install the Xposed Framework and Xposed module.
- You won’t be able to get official OTA updates after installing Root.
- Next, your device may get bricked easily due to improper rooting steps. Follow the steps properly.
- Your device warranty may void as well after rooting. Before doing anything, check with your device manufacturer for the warranty terms and conditions.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before doing anything.
Steps to Root Starlight Safari using Magisk
Now, let’s take a look at the rooting steps along with requirements and download links. Check out the full requirements and download all the necessary files before flashing.
- Plugin your device with the charger and fully charge it.
- Make sure to take a full backup without the root of your device data before doing anything.
- A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable is required.
- Download and Install all the required files, tools, and drivers from the below links.
- You have to download and install the ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows/MAC.
- Download and Install Android USB drivers | MediaTek USB Drivers | MTK VCOM Drivers.
- Download the latest Starlight Safari Stock ROM.
- SP Flash tool – Download and Install it on your PC.
After downloading the stock firmware file for your device model from the download section, you have to extract the boot.img file to patch it via the Magisk Manager app.
Steps to Extract and Patch Boot Image using Magisk
- First of all, download and extract the Starlight Safari Stock ROM on your computer.
- Next, connect your smartphone via USB cable to the PC and copy the boot.img file only from the extracted folder to your device.
- Now, open Magisk Manager and select the INSTALL option and choose to install it again.
- Then tap on the “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to the internal storage and select your device boot image which you’ve moved earlier.
- Wait for a few seconds and Magisk will start patching the boot image file.
- After patching the boot image file, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the ADB fastboot folder on your PC.
Next, you have to follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
Steps to Install the Patched Boot Image on Starlight Safari
Check out the full guide mentioned below in a link for a complete guide.
- Make sure that you’ve already downloaded the ADB & Fastboot tool on your PC. If not, then first download the tool from the above link. Then follow the next steps.
- Now, extract the ADB Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file into the same folder.
- Press and hold the Shift key + right-click on the mouse to open the command window.
- Next, enter the following command and press enter button:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the following commands and hit enter:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- The flashing process will begin. Once completed, type the following command and press enter:
- That’s it. Enjoy!
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root Access on Starlight Safari
- First, you have to download and install the Magisk Manager app on your device and open it.
- Now, you will see a list of options with the Green Tick mark which means you’ve successfully rooted your device and bypassed the SafetyNet feature. (systemless root access)
We hope that this guide is useful to you and you’ve successfully enabled root access on your Starlight Safari device via Magisk. For any queries, ask in the comments below.