If you own a Starlight Star Pro, then here we will guide on how to root this device using Magisk. There is no need for TWRP or any third-party recovery on Starlight Star Pro. The guide is simple and easy. All you need is to read the step by step carefully before proceeding.
Today customizing smartphones have become an easy thing to achieve. The boom in technology and the easy availability of the resources have enabled Android enthusiasts to perform things like rooting the device, installing third party OS, non-official recoveries, theme packs, etc. One of the major aspects of the customization is rooting. It is basically getting the superuser access for the device which you want to root. Some times people get misinformed and think that rooting is the same as hacking which is entirely a false concept. Rooting is just being a more technically sound user with access to more features than what a regular user gets with their smartphone.
Rooting the smartphone is the essential first step in modifying a smartphone from under-the-hood. In this post, we will tell you how to root Starlight Star Pro using Magisk. We will not be making use of TWRP in this process. We have put up the necessary files and the detailed guide which you can follow and perform the rooting on your device.
Table of Contents
Steps To Root Starlight Star Pro Using Magisk
The steps of rooting will involve getting the boot image file of the device, patch it and then install the currently patched boot image. We have explained the process in detail. However, to accomplish the rooting process successfully, you will require other tools like USB drivers, flash tool, Stock ROM, etc which we have put together in the download section.
- It is recommended to have around 50% or more of battery to avoid low battery issues while you perform the rooting,
- To be on the safer side, we suggest you take a complete backup of your device data before proceeding to root your device.
- This image file is strictly for Starlight Star Pro only. Do not use it on any other smartphone.
- You need a PC/Laptop and a micro USB cable for establishing the connection.
- Make sure that you download all the required files on your PC/Laptop
How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- Download and extract the stock ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage.
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
The next step is to flash the patched image.
How To Install the Patched Boot Image on Starlight Star Pro
Here is the detailed guide which you can follow to install the patched boot image on your device.How to install patched boot image on a Smartphone running on MediaTek chipset
There is another alternative way to patch the boot image. It is by ADB fastboot method.
- Make sure that you have the ADB Fastboot installed on your system.
- Now, you have to copy the patched boot image to the same folder where you have installed the ADB.
- In the same folder, right-click and press Shift key > Open PowerShell Window here.
- Give the following command to flash the “patched_boot.img” file to install Magisk and root the device.
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- If the device follows an A/B partition system, then execute the following command. Remember to replace patched_boot.img with the actual filename of the boot image.
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Now, after the rooting and patching are finished, you need to reboot your device. Give this command.
Verifying the Root Status [Systemless Root]
Now, that we have rooted the device, we should check whether the process worked or not. This means we will check if our device has the root access. So, how to do it.?
- Open the Magisk Manager app.
- On the top of the screen, you may get to see all options with Green Tick. This means root access has been successfully implemented.
- This also means you have bypassed the safety net.
So, that’s it, guys. This was the detailed tutorial on how to Root Starlight Star Pro by using Mgsik without using the TWRP. We hope that you find the guide useful.