Ulefone is a popular rugged smartphone maker, and the Armor series is a well-known smartphone series offering value-for-money and other high-end rugged smartphones. Ulefone added one more smartphone to its Armor series, the Ulefone Armor 9, feature-packed with a ton of features in affordable pricing. Some of the features include FHD+ display, IP68 water, and dust resistant, 64-megapixel camera, 8 GB RAM, etc.
In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to root Ulefone Armor 9 using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
Every Android user wants to get the most out of it when it comes to the customizations and tweaking your device. Rooting is one of them and offers superuser or administrator access to the user in order to modify the system files and apps easily. After enabling root access, users can edit or delete system root directory files, overclock device performance, use rooted apps, install custom modules, etc. There are unlimited possibilities that you can perform on your rooted Ulefone Armor 9 easily.
In order to root your Ulefone Armor 9, we will use the Magisk to patch stock boot image and flash that to your device boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Table of Contents
- 1 Ulefone Armor 9 Device Overview
- 2 What is Root? (Advantages)
- 3 Steps To Root Ulefone Armor 9 Using Magisk
- 4 1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- 5 2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Ulefone Armor 9
Ulefone Armor 9 Device Overview
Armor 9 features a pointy and vivid 6.3-inch FHD+ waterdrop screen with a 93.9% screen-to-body ratio. Alongside the screen has a high-resolution of 1080 x 2340 and wide color gamut, it’ll provide you with the outstanding optical performance. Armor 9 houses IP68/IP69K certification and are MIL-STD-810G compliant to prove its mettle against drop, dust, and water.
Under the hood, Ulefone Armor 9 packs Helio P90 SoC with Octa-core AI smoothly processing unit, accelerate to run all of the apps and reach everything you touched thanks to its high-end features and performance with lower power consumption. Ulefone Armor 9 is powered by 8GB RAM and 128GB big memory to stay Ulefone Armor 9 runs smooth and funky, yet reliable fast for heavy gaming. The phone packs a strong punch to satisfy all of your processing demands. The phone also supports 256GB extensible storage for holding all of what you would like.
In the camera department, Ulefone Armor 9 comes with Samsung GW1 64MP main camera, alongside a 2MP depth sensor. On the front, there’s one 8-megapixel sensor for selfies and video calling.
Ulefone Armor 9 comes with a 6600 mAh big battery that supports 18W fast charging, which stands by your side for 510 hours and talks for 42 hours. Armor 9 runs the newest Android 10 as OS. Android 10 harnesses the facility of AI to offer you more from your phone. Armor 9 includes Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM/microSD), Dual Standby. Both SIM slots are compatible with 4G, respectively. once they work on an equivalent time, just one of them can receive LTE service and therefore the other GSM. you’ll choose in settings which one for 4G.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Ulefone Armor 9, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Ulefone Armor 9 by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Ulefone Armor 9.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Ulefone Armor 9.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Ulefone Armor 9, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps To Root Ulefone Armor 9 Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- Your phone should have battery juice more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Ulefone Armor 9 model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, you need to extract the boot image using the MTK Droid Tool
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Ulefone Armor 9
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Ulefone Armor 9 from below link:Guide to Install Patched Boot Image on MediaTek Device
In some cases, if the above method doesn’t work on your Ulefone Armor 9, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Ulefone Armor 9 device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.