Today customizing smartphones have become an easy thing to achieve. The boom in technology and the easy availability of the resources have enabled Android enthusiasts to perform things like rooting the device, installing third party OS, non-official recoveries, theme packs, etc. One of the major aspects of the customization is rooting. It is basically getting the superuser access for the device which you want to root. Some times people get misinformed and think that rooting is same as hacking which is entirely a false concept. Rooting is just being a more technically sound user with access to more features than what a regular user gets with their smartphone.
Rooting the smartphone is the essential first step in modifying a smartphone from under-the-hood. In this post, we will tell you how to root Ulefone Armor X5 using Magisk. We will not be making use of TWRP in this process. We have put up the necessary files and the detailed guide which you can follow and perform the rooting on your device.
Ulefone Armor X5: Device Overview
Ulefone Armor X5 released in 2019 and it comes with a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 X 1440 pixels.
Armor X5 is powered by an octa-core chipset with MediaTek Helio P23 (MT6763 ) chipset coupled with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage which is expandable. It also supports an external memory card. The device runs Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box and is powered by a non-removable 5000 mAh Li-Po battery.
In the camera section, the Ulefone Armor X5 comes with a 13 + 2 MP camera lens on the rear and a 5 MP shooter on the front face. It offers connectivity options such as 2G, 3G, 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, etc.
Steps To Root Ulefone Armor X5 Using Magisk
The steps of rooting will involve getting the boot image file of the device, patch it and then install the currently patched boot image. We have explained the process in detail. However, to accomplish the rooting process successfully, you will require other tools like USB drivers, flash tool, Stock ROM, etc which we have put together in the download section.
- It is recommended to have around 50% or more of battery to avoid low battery issues while you perform the rooting,
- To be on the safer side, we suggest you take a complete backup of your device data before proceeding to root your device.
- This image file is strictly for Ulefone Armor X5 only. Do not use it on any other smartphone.
- You need a PC/Laptop and a micro USB cable for establishing the connection.
- Make sure that you download all the required files on your PC/Laptop
How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- Download and extract the stock ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage.
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
The next step is to flash the patched image.
How To Install the Patched Boot Image on Ulefone Armor X5
Here is the detailed guide which you can follow to install the patched boot image on your device.How to install patched boot image on a Smartphone running on MediaTek chipset
There is another alternative way to patch the boot image. It is by ADB fastboot method.
- Make sure that you have the ADB Fastboot installed on your system.
- Now, you have to copy the patched boot image to the same folder where you have installed the ADB.
- In the same folder, right-click and press Shift key > Open PowerShell Window here.
- Give the following command to flash the “patched_boot.img” file to install Magisk and root the device.
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- If the device follows an A/B partition system, then execute the following command. Remember to replace patched_boot.img with the actual filename of the boot image.
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Now, after the rooting and patching are finished, you need to reboot your device. Give this command.
Verifying the Root Status [Systemless Root]
Now, that we have rooted the device, we should check whether the process worked or not. This means we will check if our device has the root access. So, how to do it.?
- Open the Magisk Manager app.
- On the top of the screen, you may get to see all options with Green Tick. This means root access has been successfully implemented.
- This also means you have bypassed the safety net.
So, that’s it, guys. This was the detailed tutorial on how to Root Ulefone Armor X5 by using Mgsik without using the TWRP. We hope that you find the guide useful.