Ulefone officially launched its new smartphone Ulefone Armor X7 Pro in May 2020. The Ulefone Armor X7 Pro will retail during a variety of colors including Orange, and Black to offer you options to settle on consistent with your style. In terms of durability, well, the handset is formed of materials like Aluminium alloy, Reinforced polycarbonate, and Rubber.
In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to root Ulefone Armor X7 Pro using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
Every Android user wants to get the most out of it when it comes to the customizations and tweaking your device. Rooting is one of them and offers superuser or administrator access to the user in order to modify the system files and apps easily. After enabling root access, users can edit or delete system root directory files, overclock device performance, use rooted apps, install custom modules, etc. There are unlimited possibilities that you can perform on your rooted Ulefone Armor X7 Pro easily.
In order to root your Ulefone Armor X7 Pro, we will use the Magisk to patch stock boot image and flash that to your device boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
- Ulefone Armor X7 Pro Device Overview
- What is Root? (Advantages)
- Steps To Root Ulefone Armor X7 Pro Using Magisk
- 1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- 2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Ulefone Armor X7 Pro
Ulefone Armor X7 Pro Device Overview
The most important aspect of the smartphone is its display. Take a tough look at the Ulefone Armor X7 Pro display specifications. it’s a 5 inches display offering a 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. It uses IPS display technology. The pixel density of the screen comes bent be 294 PPI. The screen-to-body ratio of the smartphone is at 58.42 %, which may be a result of the Regular design and aspect ratio of 1.778:1.
These days once we search for a smartphone to shop for, the primary thing that we asked is about the small print of the camera. So here you go! The Ulefone Armor X7 Pro comes with one rear camera which features a resolution of 13 MP with f/2.2 aperture size. Know that there’ll be Dual LED flash for low light photography support. The selfie camera is of 5 MP resolution with an aperture of f/2.2. The front camera can record videos at 1280 x 720 pixels @ 30 fps.
Coming to the internals on the Ulefone Armor X7 Pro, it comes powered by a MediaTek Helio A20 (MT6761D) processor, which is amid an IMG PowerVR GE8300 GPU. Talking about the RAM and storage, it comes with 4 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage. there’s an external storage option available and it supports auxiliary storage sort of microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC.
As far because biometric security cares, it comes with a fingerprint sensor. We are mostly concerned about the battery life on our phones, the Ulefone Armor X7 Pro offers a 4000 mAh capacity non-removable battery. The connectivity features include two SIM slots with 4G and 2G support. Further, it offers Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, and Micro USB v2.0 port. It supports a 3.5 mm audio jack. And it supports the newest Wi-Fi standards.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Ulefone Armor X7 Pro, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Ulefone Armor X7 Pro by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Ulefone Armor X7 Pro.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Ulefone Armor X7 Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Ulefone Armor X7 Pro, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps To Root Ulefone Armor X7 Pro Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- Your phone should have battery juice more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Ulefone Armor X7 Pro model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, you need to extract the boot image using the MTK Droid Tool
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Ulefone Armor X7 Pro
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Ulefone Armor X7 Pro from below link:Guide to Install Patched Boot Image on MediaTek Device
In some cases, if the above method doesn’t work on your Ulefone Armor X7 Pro, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Ulefone Armor X7 Pro device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.