Verizon released Android 7.0 Nougat Stock ROM for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge few days back. You can get the full firmware and guide to flash the Android 7.0 Nougat Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Here. Most Android users root their device to achieve root access where they can modify, customize and also increase the performance of their device. If you looking to Root Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930V/G935V running Android Nougat, then you are at the right place. In this guide we will explain the easiest way introduced by Chainfire, a well known root developer to root your Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930V/G935V .
You can easily root your phone with our simple method. In this method to root Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930V/G935V , we used CF-Auto-Root where CF Stands for ChainFire. Chainfire’s Auto-root package was released to most of Galaxy S6 variants including Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930V/G935V . So if your phone is running Android 7.0 Nougat or below version, then you can use this complete tutorial to root Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930V/G935V .
- How to Root Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930V/G935V with CF Auto Root (Nougat)
- Steps to Flash Chainfire’s Auto Root Package on Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
How to Root Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930V/G935V with CF Auto Root (Nougat)
Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge can be easily rooted using CF Auto Root aka Chainfire’s Auto root package. To root Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge running Android Nougat, you need to download ODIN Software which is required to flash any Verizon device. So here is the full guide to install ODIN software on your PC/Laptop.
What is Rooting and How does it helps Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930V/G935V ?
If you root Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930V/G935V , you can unlock many features which can’t be done by non-rooted android devices. Rooting Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930V/G935V gives the power to modify the software code on the device or install other software that the manufacturer wouldn’t normally allow you to.
Here are the some of the features you can do after enabling root access :
- Unlock Hidden Features and Install “Incompatible” Apps
- You can use apps like tasker which Automates Everything
- Increases battery life and performance of Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
- Block Ads using any app on Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930V/G935V
- Backup your apps and data.
- Remove Bloatware apps on Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930V/G935V .
- Flash Custom Kernel and ROM on Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930V/G935V .’
- Customize your Android phone to your taste and need.
Note: To flash the CF Auto Root on Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930V/G935V , we used ODIN to flash the CF Auto Root.
- You need either PC or Laptop.
- Charge your phone to atleast 50%.
- Download CF Auto Root file on your computer
- Download and install ODIN software tool on your PC/Laptop
- Backup your phone before your modify your system.
Required Files and Downloads
- Download and Install the Verizon Kies Software : CLICK HERE
- Download and Install the VerizonUSB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Click to download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
- Download CF-Auto-root for Verizon S7 SM-G930V: CLICK HERE
- Download CF-Auto-root for Verizon S7 Edge SM-G935V: CLICK HERE
Steps to Flash Chainfire’s Auto Root Package on Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.11.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator
- Now Reboot your Phone into Download Mode
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin with ID:COM which means your device is connected by Odin. (as shown below)
- Now Go back again Odin and Add the CF-Auto-Root.tar file which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
Note: You should not remove or operate on your device until the flashing process in shown to be completed.
Once the flashing process is completed and if everything has gone as planned, you should be able to see a big green box saying “RESET” or “PASSED.” This will depend on the version of Odin downloader you have downloaded. By now, the device have finished rebooting and it is safe to remove/unplug the phone/device.
That’s ALL! When you restart your device, you will have root access on Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930V/G935V .