The Walton Primo RX7 mini smartphone released in 2019. It is powered by Mediatek Helio P60 MT6771 chipset, 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage. If you’re a Walton Primo RX7 mini user and want to root your device via Magisk, then you’re in right place. We have put up the Easy Method To Root Walton Primo RX7 mini Using Magisk [No TWRP needed] along with downloads, requirements, etc.
Due to the open-source nature, Android opens the gate for doing customizations on Android devices like flashing custom firmware, custom recovery, rooting, installing modules, and more. By rooting your device, you will get the unlimited possibilities to customize or tweak your handset easily. You can use rooted apps, uninstall system apps, edit system root files, improve device performance, tweak changes, etc.
What is Magisk?
There are two most popular and widely used rooting methods available such as SuperSU and Magisk. Both the SuperSU and Magisk offer root access but nowadays, most of the developers and users prefer Magisk. Magisk is a system-less root that enables root access over the system components without affecting the system core-files.
Therefore, Magisk alters and stores the temporary files in the device boot partition. This is a quite safe method and effective as well. It doesn’t hamper Google’s SafetyNet security feature and other banking apps also work fine with Magisk. Magisk comes with a Magisk Manager app that offers rooted device status, downloading & installing custom modules on your device, and more.
- Your device warranty may void after rooting.
- Rooting will block the software OTA updates.
Now, let’s take a look at the requirements, downloads, and steps to Root Walton Primo RX7 mini using Magisk.
- The Stock ROM and Boot Image File are only for the Walton Primo RX7 mini model.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device data at first.
- Charge your device battery more than 60% at least.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download all the required files from below.
- Download ADB and Fastboot files. (Windows/MAC)
- Walton USB Drivers – download and install it on your computer.
- Download the Magisk Manager app for your device.
- Walton Primo RX7 mini Stock ROM – download on your PC.
- Download And Install SP Flash Tool on your computer as well.
Let’s head over to the rooting steps one-by-one.
1. Steps to Extract and Patch Boot Image using Magisk
- You have to download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- You need to extract the boot image using the MTK Droid Tool
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Open the Magisk Manager app on your device. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select Install and choose to install again.
- Tap on the “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Go to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now, you need to follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Walton Primo RX7 mini
Follow the given link to install Patched Boot Image on Walton Primo RX7 mini:Guide to Install Patched Boot Image on MediaTek Device
Root Walton Primo RX7 mini via ADB Fastboot
In some cases, if the above method to Root Walton Primo RX7 mini doesn’t work, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- After extracting the ADB Fastboot tool, you must move the patched boot image to the same folder. Hold the Shift key and click on the right mouse button to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Run the following command in the open command prompt.
- Flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Kindly replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- The flashing process will begin. Once done, run
- You’re done.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Download and install the Magisk Manager APK, and launch it.
- To verify that you have a systemless root, check the top of the screen and if you see all options with Green Tick that means you’ve successfully rooted and bypassed the SafetyNet feature.
We hope this guide is helpful to you and you’ve easily rooted your Walton Primo RX7 mini device via Magisk. For any queries, you can ask in the comments below.