Updated on January 14, 2021: Today Samsung rolled the December 2020 security patch for the users in South America with build number A205GUBS8BTL3 / A205GUBS8BTL2. The update is still based on Andriod 10.
Updated on December 09, 2020: Samsung Galaxy A20 received the November 2020 security patch update for the Canada carrier with build number A205WVLU6BTJ2.
Updated on December 09, 2020: Today Samsung rolled the October 2020 security patch update for the globally with build number A205FXXU9BTJ5.
Updated on November 29, 2020: Today Samsung rolled the November 2020 security patch update for the South American region with build number A205GUBS7BTK1.
Buying a Samsung smartphone is something that makes it possible for users to access technology with a novel approach. The recently introduced Samsung A-series devices are really amazing and are widely demanded. It is because of the same reason Samsung has decided to expand the same. Samsung Galaxy A20 is one of the prime contributors to the success of A-series phones. In this topic, we will share the official Samsung Galaxy A20 Android 11 R release date and feature guidelines.
Google has recently rolled out the Android 11 update for the Google Pixel series. Recently Samsung started rolling the One UI 3.0 beta (Android 11) for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy S20, and many more. You can check out more details of Samsung One UI 3.0 here.
Samsung Galaxy A20 Specifications:
Samsung Galaxy A20 was announced in Mar-2019 which sports a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1560 x 720 pixels with 268 PPI pixel density. The device is protected by Corning Gorilla glass 3.
Samsung Galaxy A20 is powered by a 2x 1.6 GHz ARM Cortex-A73, 6x 1.35 GHz ARM Cortex-A53, Cores 8 with Samsung Exynos 7 Octa 7884 chipset coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under One UI and backed by a 4000 battery (non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Dual Lens setup with 13 + 5MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 8MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4g-VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Hall, Light, etc. It comes with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
- List of Android 11 Supported devices, Features, Release Date and Download
- How to Downgrade from Android 11 to Android 10 [Rollback Package]
- Android 11 Developer Preview 1 brings double tap gestures to launch Camera, Assistant, and more
- Samsung Galaxy Android 11 Supported Device Tracker: What’s new in One UI 3.0
- How to Enable Bubble Notification in Android 11
Android 11 – Overview
Android 11 is the eleventh iteration of Google’s own OS (Operating System). It was released on September 8, 2020, and rolled out to their Pixel phones on day one. Later, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo, and Realme rolled the beta update for their flagship device on the same day. Here is the feature list of Android 11:
- Scheduled Dark Theme
- ‘Conversations’ Section in Notification Shade
- Built-in Screen Recorder
- Pin Apps in the Share Menu
- Send Images in Notification Replies
- New APIs for 5G
- Reverse Wireless Charging Support (Google Pixel 4a or 5)
- Use Bluetooth Headphones in Airplane Mode
- Scrolling screenshots
- Bubble Notifications on by Default
- New Back Cover Gestures (Likely Pixel-Exclusive)
- Show Refresh Rate
- Power Menu Toggles
- Quick Access Wallet
- New Permissions Options
- Background Location Access Must Be Granted Manually
- Auto-Block Spammy Permission Prompts
- New Scoped Storage Permission
- New Motion Sense Gesture (Pixel 4)
- New Notification History UI
- Increase Touch Sensitivity
- Better Back Sensitivity
- Mobile Drivers License Support
- Changes to BiometricPrompt API
- Improved Call Screening
- Support for Punch Hole & Waterfall Displays
- Disable Vibrations While Using the Camera
- HDMI Low-Latency Mode
- Low Latency Video Decoding
- New Bluetooth Stack
- Separated Quick Settings & Notification Tray
- Music Player in Quick Settings
- Unsupported Bluetooth Codecs Are Now Grayed Out
- Suggested Apps in Home Screen Dock
What’s New in One UI 3.0?
There are a plethora of new and noteworthy features in the third iteration of One UI. To begin with, there are tons of new visual design changes. These include the smarter organization of the quick panel and notifications as well as much smoother motion. Along the same lines, you also get improved animations and haptic feedback. Then with the enhanced dynamic memory allocation, improved performance is also on the cards.
You would also be witnessing changes to the Home screen and Lock screen. Likewise, new widgets, a new dynamic lock screen, and the ability to edit the Always On Display are also there. Then, changes to Calls and chats and the revamped Settings page would also be appreciated with one and all. Apart from that, there is a slew of changes to the Samsung keyboard, Productivity, and Device Control as well.
All these coupled with the plethora of new Android 11 features such as One Time Permissions, Chat bubbles, and Dark Mode schedule would prove to be the icing on the cake. So with such a long list of features, no doubt Galaxy A20 users are waiting in anticipation for the OneUI 3.0 Android 11 update. In this regard, this update tracker shall help you out. Follow along.
Android 11 for Samsung Galaxy A20
Since Samsung is quite busy in rolling out the One UI 2.0 (Android 10) update for the devices and there are quite a few devices waiting in line. So, it seems unlikely that the Android 11 update announcement will be made anytime soon. It is expected that the update will be made available for the Samsung Galaxy A20 users only the next year after the stable Android 11 update comes out for the Google Pixel devices. We will keep you in the loop once we have more information in this regard.