Finally, The wait is over. Samsung rolled Android 8.0 Oreo update for Galaxy A8 2016 with SM-G810F variant. The update brings the latest Samsung Experience 9.0 along with new interface and Oreo features. If you are running the Android 7.0 Nougat, then you must give a try for the new baked sweet of Android known as Android Oreo. Along with this update, you will also get the latest September 2018 Security Patch and other bug fixes. Now you can download Samsung Galaxy A8 2016 Android 8.0 Oreo for all the models: G810F.
We are two months old in 2018, so, this may seem a bit late. But this is primarily an Android OS step-up update and it also fixes certain bugs and improves the device performance. It brings the latest Android Oreo to the Galaxy A8 2016. We may expect a more fresh update soon that would concentrate on security patches.
The Samsung Galaxy A8 2016 Android 8.0 Oreo update has started to roll out for all users in Exynos and Snapdragon variants. It is being sent via OTA (Over the Air) for users in a phase-wise manner. It may take a couple of days or weeks to reach every user. If you can’t wait for the Official OTA update, then you can check for the Samsung Galaxy A8 2016 Android 8.0 Oreo update manually by following the below steps. Apart from the OTA, we have provided the link to the official ROM. There is also a tutorial, in brief, to guide you in installing the latest Oreo Update.
How to Manually Capture Samsung Galaxy A8 2016 Android 8.0 Oreo Update
Simply Go to device Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone.
Before starting the OTA download process,
- make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you
- Ensure to have enough storage to download and install the Android Oreo update.
- choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download the software update for Samsung Galaxy A8 2016 it.
What’s on Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
Download Link for All Android 8.0 Oreo Update
A810FXXU2CRH7 – 8.0 Oreo
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software, firmware and drivers on your PC.
Download ODIN and Drivers:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your device.
Instructions to Install:Complete Tutorial To Flash Latest Galaxy A8 2016 Firmware Using ODIN Tool
So, that’s all you have to do. Go download the latest Galaxy A8 2016 Android 8.0 Oreo update and enjoy.