Samsung finally launched their first 5G smartphone in F Series called Galaxy F52 5G. It equips with Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G under the hood and offers a 120Hz refresh rate. In this guide, we will show you how to unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy F52 5G.
What is Bootloader Unlock?
Bootloader unlock is a gateway for Android device users towards its unlimited possibilities of customizations and other features. By unlocking the bootloader, you can root your device (jailbreak), flash custom firmware, kernels, recovery and install third-party modules and apps, etc.
A Bootloader is usually locked on an Android device due to system security or privacy-related measures. As the Android OS is an open-source platform and anyone can do anything with it, the smartphone OEMs always want to stick to their skin and OS version that is specially developed and designed for their own device models. That’s why most of the OEMs don’t provide an unlocked bootloader out-of-the-box.
Samsung Galaxy F52 5G Device Overview
The Samsung Galaxy F52 features a 6.6-inch TFT panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2408 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. Samsung did not use AMOLED technology here but went with a 120Hz high refresh rate panel. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G built on an 8nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor which consists of two Kryo 570 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz and six Kryo 570 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. And for graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 619.
In terms of optics, we have a quad-camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The quad-camera setup consists of a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, a 2Mp macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 2MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we get a 16MP sensor paired with an f/2.0 lens. The rear camera setup can shoot 4K videos at 30 fps, while the front camera is limited to 1080p video recording.
The Samsung Galaxy F52 5G comes with Android 11 out of the box with One UI 3.1 skin on top. And the device comes with only one storage configuration with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. There is a hybrid slot for storage expansion too.
Coming to communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering all of it is a 4500 mAh battery that supports 25W fast charging. The smartphone is available in two plain color options: White and Black.
Now before we go ahead and unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy F52 5G, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to unlock it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your Galaxy F52 5G is charged to about 60% before operating it for unlocking the bootloader to avoid any boot loop issues during the unlocking process.
You need a PC or Laptop
We would be running certain ADB and Fastboot commands that can be executed via PC or a laptop. So, we would need a computer in order to unlock the bootloader.
Take a complete backup
Before unlocking the bootloader, one of the most important things that you need to do on your phone is to take a complete backup of your phone. For that, you can follow the guide by clicking the link below:
Download USB Drivers
In order to make your Galaxy F52 5G get recognized by your PC, you need to have proper USB Drivers appropriate to your phone installed on your computer. And for that, you can follow the link below to download the correct Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy F52 5G
- Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network with internet access and has enough charge.
- Now, go to the device Settings menu > Wi-Fi > Connect to the network.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Check for firmware update from the Software update option and then download and install.
- If an update is available, install it first.
- Once done, you’ll need to enable the Developer Options on your device. To do this, go to the Settings menu > About phone > Software information > Tap on Build number 7-8 times until it shows ‘You’re now a developer.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Scroll down and tap on Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlocking [If prompted, allow it].
- Now turn off your device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and DOWN button on your Galaxy F52 5G and connect it to your PC
- This will boot your device into Download Mode.
- Once in the Download/Recovery menu, press and hold the Volume Up key until you can see the “Unlock Bootloader” screen.
- Press the Volume Up key again to confirm the bootloader unlock process.
- If prompted that all of the device data will be deleted, just proceed.
- Wait for the process to complete and your device will reboot.
Now, you’re good to go for full-fledged customization on your Samsung Galaxy F52 5G. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comment below. Till then stay tuned for more info.