Samsung has a very clear and transparent update policy where it guarantees 2 major OS updates for its devices. Well, there are other OEMs like OnePlus and Google, that are a step ahead in terms of this, and provides three or more than three OS updates for its devices. However, guaranteed two major OS updates are a good feat and it seems like the Galaxy J4 is going to make use of it very soon. Because as per a new report from Samsung Turkey, the stable Android 10 (One UI 2.0) update will be making its way onto Samsung Galaxy J4 between August and September 2020.
Moreover, taking a cue from the report, currently, the Android 10 (One UI 2.0) update is in the testing phase. Android 10 update would be the Galaxy J4’s last and final update from the OEM, and then users who would still be hanging on with the phone would have to rely on third-party custom ROMs for enjoying new Android features. For specs buff, Galaxy J4 was launched back in 2018 and is powered by Exynos 7570 coupled with 2/3 GB of RAM, a 3,000 mAh battery, and 16/32 GB of onboard storage. It sports a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display and a single rear camera setup.
If we have to believe Samsung Turkey, then as per our speculation this update will initially be pushed for the European markets and later on will be made available for other regions. As far as One UI 2.0 features are concerned, users will experience new navigation gestures, new animations, dark mode, redesigned volume controls, built-in screen recorder, improved face recognition, revamped UI, camera UI changes, and much more. Keeping in mind the huge portfolio of Android devices under its belt, Samsung has to pace up its Android 10 rollout game to call the process complete because it will have to shift over and join the Android 11 bandwagon once, it is made live by Google somewhere in September.
The Samsung Galaxy J4 packs a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display which is bright, clear and colorful. If you’re using the latest Samsung Galaxy J4 model and want to know when will your device model get Android 10 update, follow this post. Here we will share with you details of Samsung Galaxy J4 Android 10 release date and features.
Samsung is pretty slow when you consider software security updates and there are no improvements even after the launch of so many smartphones. They always lag behind a month in rolling out the security updates and the firmware updates take forever. But, there is a slight improvement in the roll-out of the updates after Samsung came up with the One UI for its Galaxy range of devices. As the Android 10 is very recently released, so it is a bit obvious that Samsung will take it an enormous amount of time for tweaking and rolling out the Android 10 updates for all its eligible smartphones.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy J4 Android 10 release date
Meanwhile, there are a couple of leaks coming out that Samsung is working on the latest Android 10 version over One UI 2.0 respectively. Samsung has tested so many early beta builds of Android 10 with Galaxy S10 and Note 10 series Snapdragon and Exynos variants.
Though there is no information about when the Samsung Galaxy J4 Android 10 will release officially. But we can expect to know more about One UI 2.0 at the Samsung Developer Conference at the end of October 2019. You will more details of leaked One UI 2.0 features or first look.
Till then we have to wait for more info.
What’s on Android 10?
Google unveiled the latest Android iteration called Android 10. With this new release, Google has ditched the desert monikers and will stay with a version number starting with Android 10 OS. Android 10 features many new features and changes including new system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
Android 10 features:
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically caption while you’re playing media on your phone of videos, podcasts, recordings, and audio messages. It works in offline mode as well.
- Smart Reply: In Android 10, you will get suggested responses to your incoming messages. Additionally, you will see the bubble feature just like Facebook Chat Messenger bubble for a quick reply.
- Sound Amplifier: With Sound Amplifier, your phone can boost sound, filter background noise, and fine-tune the audio to enhance the listening experience.
- Gesture Navigation: Gesture Navigation controls are now quicker and more intuitive than ever for the full-screen devices.
- Dark Theme: The dark theme reduces eye-strain and improves the device battery life.
- Privacy Controls: With Android 10 OS, you’re totally in control of your device privacy. User will know which apps are accessing data.
- Location Controls: Android 10 will let the users control which apps or the map access location or not.
- Security Updates: Android devices get monthly security updates via software update option over OTA. In Android 10 version, you’ll get the security patch updates even faster and easier via Google Play.
- Focus Mode: The beta version of Focus mode will let users select apps to control the usage timing and addiction towards them which is quite similar to the Digital Wellbeing.
- Family Link: It’s one of the new Android 10 features. You will need to set the digital ground rules and help yourself or your kids to make healthy habits. Keep track or control the screen time limits, app access, etc.
Hope this info is helpful to you. If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.
- List of AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM Supported devices [aka Android Q]
- Lineage OS 17: Features, Release Date and Supported Devices
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Android 10 Substratum theme for any Android device
- List of Pixel Experience ROM Supported Devices
- Download Android 10 Stock Wallpapers and Ringtones for your device
Samsung Galaxy J4 Full Specifications:
Samsung Galaxy J4 sports a 5.5 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It is powered by 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 Quad-core Exynos 7570 Quad (14 nm). The device packs 16GB internal storage and 2GB of RAM. There is 256GB expandable memory support. The camera on this device sports a single camera 13 MP with an aperture f/1.9 and a 5 MP shooter for selfies. The Samsung Galaxy J4 runs Android 8.0 Oreo and backed by a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery.