Samsung seeded a latest Android Security Patch update for August 2017 for Galaxy J5 (2016) SM-J510MN. The update is labeled with build number J510MNVJU2BQL2 and J510MNUBU2BQL2. With this build numbers, Samsung has fixed some of the bugs, malware, and virus found. The update is still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. There is no major update apart from the August 2017 Android Security Patch.
The update is sent via OTA in a phase-wise manner. You may receive the update very soon if you are running Stock firmware without root or mods installed. You can even flash the full firmware package from below download link even if you are rooted or installed any custom ROM.
In case if you have already received the update with build number J510MNVJU2BQL2 / J510MNUBU2BQL2, then hit the download button to start the upgrade process. If not received, then check for the update manually by following the steps below.
How to Update Software on Galaxy J5 (2016) manually?
Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone. You can tap the option titled “Download Updates Manually”. If the update is not available, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any modified firmware.
Before proceeding to download, make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you have enough storage to download and install the latest update on Galaxy J5 (2016) SM-J510MN. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading August Security Patch for Galaxy J5 (2016). As this update is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
Check out this link to see if your phone will support Android 8.0 Oreo.
Samsung announced the list of Samsung devices updating to Android 8.0 Oreo.
If your phone model is not on the official device list, then you need not worry! Here is the list of Supported device to receive Lineage OS 15 based on Android Oreo.
You can also install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy J5 (2016) by following the steps given here.
Steps to Install August Security Patch for Galaxy J5 (2016) manually:
Still not received the update, then don’t worry. The update is available to download and install using latest ODIN Software. Here we will share the full download of J510MNVJU2BQL2 / J510MNUBU2BQL2 August Security Patch for Galaxy J5 (2016). This guide is to install August Security Patch for Galaxy J5 (2016).
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy J5 (2016).
Required ODIN FilesDownload Firmware – J510MNVJU2BQL2 Download Firmware – J510MNUBU2BQL2
How to update via ODIN Software
Here we have shared the full firmware download link with ODIN drivers and software to install J510MNVJU2BQL2 / J510MNUBU2BQL2 August Security Patch for Galaxy J5 (2016). To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC.
DOWNLOAD ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Check Related Post:
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices
I hope you followed the above full guide link to install J510MNVJU2BQL2 / J510MNUBU2BQL2 August Security Patch for Galaxy J5 (2016) manually. If any queries or feedback, please write a comment to us.