Updated on August 16, 2019: Today Samsung rolled Android 9.0 Pie update for Galaxy J7 Duo in Asian countries like Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, and Thailand. The update is labeled with J720FDDU4BSG8.
In this article, we will share with you a guide to download and install Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo Android 9.0 Pie update manually. After rolling out the latest Pie update to the Galaxy XCover 4 model, Samsung has started rolling out the Pie update to another model called Galaxy J7 Duo. The J7 Duo was launched back in April 2018 with Exynos 7885 chip, Android 8.0 Oreo, 4GB RAM, 32GB inbuilt storage, etc. The new software update brings the latest July 2019 Android Security Patch with new One UI 1.1 version.
The software update baseband version number is J720FDDU4BSG7 and comes with a file size around 1.3GB. The new stable update offers some of the Android Pie features like Digital Wellbeing. Additionally, it features the Night mode which includes in One UI as well. Currently, the update is rolling out in India and will soon be available for other regions.
- J720FDDU4BSG7 Firmware Details:
- One UI (9.0 Pie) – Changelog:
- How to Install Galaxy J7 Duo Android 9.0 Pie One UI
- Download Firmware:
- Installation Guide: Using Odin Flash Tool
J720FDDU4BSG7 Firmware Details:
Samsung’s One UI brings you Android 9.0 Pie, with exciting new features and a whole new user interface based on the feedback from users in Samsung and Google. We recommend that you back up your important data to keep it safe before the upgrade.
Check out the firmware details from below:
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo
- Model: SM-J720F
- Region: India (INS)
- Software Version: J720FDDU4BSG7 / J720FDDU4BSG8
- Security Patch Level: 01.07.2019 (July)
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie (One UI 1.1)
One UI (9.0 Pie) – Changelog:
- Content, settings, and other information have been reorganized to keep you focused on the task at hand.
- Interactive elements have been moved to the bottom of the screen so they’re always within reach.
- New designs and features such as Night mode help keep your eyes comfortable.
- You can reply to messages directly in the notification panel.
- Image thumbnails are included in message notifications.
- In an app’s notification settings, tap the switch once to turn on or off all the notifications in a category.
- New Unicode 11.0 emojis are available.
- The new adaptive theme changes your keyboard look based on the colors of the surrounding app.
- The floating keyboard is available in all apps and has a new size and transparency settings.
- You can set a custom touch and hold delay.
Device Care (Known as Device maintenance)
- Performance modes are streamlined and integrated into power-saving modes.
- Menus have been reorganized to make settings easier to find.
- Bixby is all-new, with a range of improvements and new features.
- Swipe left from the main Bixby screen to explore the latest features and supported apps.
- You can now sort your call history by incoming and outgoing calls.
- Your call history can include up to 2000 entries (increased from 500 entries).
- The new drawer menu makes it easier to manage contacts from various accounts.
- Photo Editor Pro’s editing tools have been added to Gallery, so you can make all your edits and touchups without leaving the app.
- Adds new storage analysis tool to help you monitor your storage usage and save space.
- You can now show or hide items on the My Files Home screen.
- Your daily step count will be visible in the notification panel. To hide it, press and hold the notification, then turn off Current steps.
Other improvements and changes
- Access Kids Home on the quick panel.
- Social Camera removes
How to Install Galaxy J7 Duo Android 9.0 Pie One UI
In order to install the One UI on the Galaxy J7 Duo Android 9.0 Pie, follow the full guide with requirements, download link, and steps mentioned below.
Now, take a look at the requirements at first. Then follow the installation guide.
- This ROM file is only for Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo device. Don’t try this on other devices.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your device with the computer.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Samsung Kies software – Download and install it on your computer.
- Download and install the latest Odin Flash Tool on your PC also.
Installation Guide: Using Odin Flash Tool
In order to install manually Android Pie with One UI on your Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo, you need to follow these steps carefully.
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Manually
That’s it guys. You can now enjoy Android 9.0 Pie update on your Galaxy J7 Duo from Samsung. We hope this guide was helpful to you. You can write comments below for any queries.