Unlike previous years, Samsung brought in not one but two Galaxy Note devices back in 2019 i.e. the Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus. Both the devices come with Android 9 Pie out of the box. Talking about the Galaxy Note 10 Plus packs in features like Snapdragon 855 or Exynos 9825, with 12GB of RAM, a 4300 mAh battery and a 6.8-inch display. In the camera department, it packs in the quad-camera setup with 12MP primary lens and in the front, you get a 10 MP selfie shooter housed under the punch-hole display. It supports Fast battery charging 45W and Reverses wireless charging 9W.
And ever since the launch of Android 10 by Google, Samsung has pushed in several beta One UI 2.0 (Android 10) updates for the Galaxy Note 10 Plus device. In fact, Samsung which is not known for the speedy delivery of updates have beaten quite a few top brands in this department and has made the firmware and security patches available even before Google itself. Since the device has been served with the Android 10 update, in this post, we will guide you on how to install Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Android 10 with OneUI 2.0 update. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself:
Table of Contents
Android 10 — Overview
Now, Android 10 is the latest iteration of the operating system from Google which was unveiled back in September this year. Moreover, users are pretty excited about it as it packs in quite a few cool features under its sleeves for the Android devices. Besides, OEMs like Google, OnePlus, Essential pushed in the stable updates right after the unveiling of the Android 10 OS. Google went ahead without a dessert name for this version of the Android 10 and also changed the logo a bit to give a fresh new look.
Talking about some features, Android 10 brings in the almighty system-wide Dark Mode for the devices, smart reply in all the messaging applications, enhanced privacy controls for the users where now user can specifically choose to grant location and other privacy controls to an app for a limited time as well, incognito mode for Google Maps, Focus Mode which is an enhanced version of the Digital Wellbeing that allows the user to focus on the important aspects of life rather than spending time on their Android devices, new parental controls, new gestures system, etc.
One UI 2.0 — Overview
Samsung took a big step when it comes to its homegrown skin the TouchWiz and decided to bring in a completely new version of their skin which makes the usability of the big screen Galaxy devices more convenient as well as more effortless. One UI was launched this year and was pushed for all the devices running Android 9 Pie. One UI allows the user to use their device comfortably with one hand by giving them a more usable area and less viewing area.
The latest iteration of One UI is the One UI 2.0 which is based on Android 10 OS. Though the previous version of One UI was good, with the One UI 2.0, Samsung wants to bring in more functionality for the devices. For instance, you get features like Google’s new navigation gestures, new camera UI, in-built screen recorder, Digital Wellbeing, dark mode, enhanced privacy features, new audio, and video codecs, etc. All these features make the One UI 2.0 a decent upgrade over the previous generation. However, the 2017 Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy S8 devices miss out on this update.
Steps to Install Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Android 10 with One UI 2.0
Make sure to download the pre-required files and drivers on your PC. Follow the step by step guide to successfully flash the Galaxy Note 10 Plus Android 10 with One UI 2.0.
- The mentioned firmware is exclusive for the Galaxy Note 10 Plus variant.
- Maintain at least 50% battery level.
- A PC and a USB cable are required.
- Take a complete backup of your device at first to keep your data safe.
- Enter your phone into the Samsung Download Mode.
- Firmware Files:
- N975USQS2BSLA – January 2020 patch – Sprint/Verizon: Download
- N975FXXS1BSLE – January 2020 patch – Asian: Download
- N975U1UES2BSLD – January 2020 patch – US Unlocked: Download
- N975WVLU2BSL7 – January 2020 patch – Canada: Download
- N975FXXS1BSLD – January 2020 patch – Germany: Download
- N975U1UEU2BSLC – December 2019 patch – US Unlocked: Download
- N975USQU2BSL7 – December 2019 patch – US Carriers: Download
- Samsung Kies – Download and Install the software on the computer
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on the PC
- USB Drivers: Download Samsung USB drivers
How To Install One UI 2.0 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus (Android 10)
Below are both the methods via which you can install the One UI 2.0 based on Android 10 update on your Galaxy Note 10 Plus.
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.13.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator
- Now Reboot your Phone into Download Mode
- So First Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Now Go back again Odin and Add the firmware which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
Note: You should not remove or operate on your device until the flashing process is shown to be completed.
This will install the One UI 2.0 on your device and upgrade the system OS to Android 10. So, there you have it from my side in this post. Notably, this will allow you to get a taste of One UI 2.0 along with Android 10 on your device Also, keep in mind to follow all the instructions mentioned above in order to avoid any issues while installation or any permanent damage to your phone. Until the next post…Cheers!