Samsung today, started rolling the September 2021 security patch update to their Galaxy S10 Plus 5G device globally. The update is labeled with build number G977BXXS9FUH5 and brings nothing new except the security patch and bug fixes.
As we speak, the update is currently live in the European region and it is based on Android 11. It will be soon available in your region, as this update usually rolls in a phase-wise manner.
Check Software Update on Galaxy S10 Plus 5G:
If you have not received the September 2021 security patch build G977BXXS9FUH5, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new updates, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your device and are connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy S10 Plus 5G.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 5G (SM-G977B)
- Build Number: G977BXXS9FUH5
- Android OS Version: Android 11
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-06-01
How to Install Galaxy S10 Plus 5G September 2021 Security Patch
Before jumping into the firmware flashing process, ensure to check out the requirements, and download links. You’ll require to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware flash file, and drivers on your computer. Let’s take a look.
- This stock firmware (G977BXXS9FUH5) is only applicable for the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 5G model.
- Keep your device charged up to 50% to avoid occasional shut down during the firmware flashing process.
- A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable will require.
- Make sure to a full data backup before flashing the software on your device.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Do the manual flashing process at your own risk. Taking a full data backup is always recommended.
- G977BXXS9FUH5 | Download Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC
- ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy S10 Plus 5G stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve now successfully installed the latest September 2021 security patch (G977BXXS9FUH5) on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 5G device. Have some queries? Let us know in the comment section below.