Samsung in Canada rolling out the August 2021 security patch for the Samsung Galaxy A50. The update is based on Android 11. It is labeled with build number A505WVLSEDUG1 to the device in the Canada region with Fideo, Rogers, Videotron, Bell, Virgin, Sasktel, Koodo, and Telus, East link carrier. The update brings security patch update and improvements for the device.
Currently, the update is making its move over the air. Soo, users using the old version will be able to download and install it on their Canada Galaxy A50. We have also put up the OTA firmware which is based on the above-mentioned A505WVLSEDUG1 build. Users can download the update and install it on their devices on their own. Installing the firmware is not difficult at all. We have put up an installation guide demonstrating how to flash the new firmware on your Canada Galaxy A50 using the ODIN flash tool. So, check it out.
Check for OTA
If you were not able to capture the server-initiated OTA update, you can search for the update manually. Usually, the OTA updates are pushed in phases. So, some users tend to miss it. Anyways, to check the manual software update,
- Go to the phone Settings > System Update > tap on Check for Latest Updates.
If you get notified of the August 2021 update A505WVLSEDUG1, then tap on the Download button and Install the update. Download the update using Wi-Fi and also sufficiently charge the battery of your device before installing the new update. If your device is on a low battery, then the device will not allow you to install the software.
Now, before we installing the firmware let’s check out the basic information about the firmware.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A50
- Region: Canada
- Model: SM-A505W
- Baseband Version: A505WVLSEDUG1
- Security Patch Level: 2021-09-01 (August 2021)
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 11
How to Install Canada Galaxy A50 August 2021 Patch
To install the latest firmware on your Samsung Galaxy A50 you have to use the ODIN tool. We have put up the download links for ODIN and other important tools that you will require for installation. So, download the tools provided in the requisites section before installing the software.
- The firmware zip file is only for Canada Galaxy A50 (SM-A505W). Don’t try to install it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least to reduce the occasional shutdown.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without the Root of your device data before doing anything.
- You will need to enter into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Download Required Links:
- USB Drivers: Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Kies Tool: Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your computer.
- Flash tool: Download ODIN tool
- Firmware: Download Samsung Firmware