Samsung started rolling the September 2021 security patch software update for the Galaxy M11 variant with build number M115FXXU2BUI3. The update brings no major changes apart from the security fix and minor updates to improve the performance.
The update started seeding via OTA (over the air) for users in the Asian region with a device mode (SM-M115F). If you have not received this OTA update, then you can manually flash this via ODIN software on your device. You can follow this guide to flash the M115FXXU2BUI3 build manually on Galaxy M11.
Check Software Updates
Before manually upgrading your device via ODIN, you can check the software update, Just tap on the Settings menu > Software Update > If available for your region, tap on Download and Install.
Make sure to check for the mentioned build number of the update as well. However, if you have some pending updates available, we’ll recommend you complete installing all the available updates to get a new one in the future.
Just make sure to connected to a good mobile data or Wi-Fi network for a better downloading speed. Also, keep in mind to have a proper battery backup on your device (around 50%).
However, if in case, there is no update available on your device, we have an additional method that you can manually follow below. First of all, let’s check out the firmware update info before heading over to the manual firmware installation method.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy M11 (SM-M115F)
- Region: Asia
- Build Number: M115FXXU2BUI3
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-01-01
How to Install Galaxy M11 September 2021 Security Patch
Before jumping into the firmware flashing process, ensure to check out the requirements, and download links. You’ll require to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware flash file, and drivers on your computer. Let’s take a look.
- This stock firmware (M115FXXU2BUI3) is only applicable to the Samsung Galaxy M11 model.
- Keep your device charged up to 50% to avoid occasional shut down during the firmware flashing process.
- A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable will require.
- Make sure to a full data backup before flashing the software on your device.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Do the manual flashing process at your own risk. Taking a full data backup is always recommended.
- M115FXXU2BUI3 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC
- ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy M11 stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve now successfully installed the latest September 2021 security patch on your Galaxy M11 device. Have some queries? Let us know in the comment section below.