Updated on August 23, 2020: Today Xiaomi started rolling the August 2020 security patch with software version V10.0.24.0.PDHMIXM which brings nothing new except security patch and improvements.
Updated on July 15, 2020: Today Xiaomi started rolling a new software update for Xiaomi Mi A1 in India with build number V10.0.23.0.PDHMIXM. The update brings July 2020 security patch and improved the device performance. You can manually install the update from the link given below.
—- Story Continues here —–
The specialty of the Android One powered smartphones is they get two major Android OS versions in two years and three years of security patch updates on a priority basis. The Xiaomi Mi A1 is also one of them and the Xiaomi’s first-ever Mi A-series device that comes with Google’s Android One program. A three years older device is still receiving the latest security patch update. Now, the company has started pushing the June 2020 Security Patch for Xiaomi Mi A1 that bumps up a software version V10.0.22.0.PDHMIXM based on Android 9.0 Pie. Here you can download and install it below.
In terms of the security patch, the Mi A1 (Codename: tissot) is getting improved system performance and increased system security as well. The June 2020 patchset also fixes a major security vulnerability in the system component that could enable a remote attacker and cause harm to the device system or user data. Therefore, installing the latest security patch is always a good idea for your safety or privacy.
Check OTA Updates
As the firmware OTA update is rolling out in batches, it may take some time in order to arrive on all the units completely. Meanwhile, if you can’t wait further, simply head over to the device Settings > System > System Update. If the update is available, just download and install it.
Ensure that the device battery is charged up to 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network. Additionally, you can take a data backup first for safety precautions.
- Device Name: Xiaomi Mi A1 (tissot)
- Region: Global
- Build Number: V10.0.24.0.PDHMIXM
- Android OS Version: Android 9
- Software Supported: Mi Flash Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-08-01
Steps to Install Security Patch update on Xiaomi Mi A1
Before going to the installation steps, you have to follow all the requirements at first. Make sure to download the required firmware file, drivers, tools, etc.
- The firmware and guide are only supported for the Xiaomi Mi A1 handset.
- Charge your device battery at least 50% to reduce occasional shutdown.
- You will need a Laptop or PC and a USB cable as well.
- Xiaomi Mi A1 Bootloader should be unlocked. (Check guide)
- The Mi A1 should run on the latest stock ROM version.
- We recommend you take a full backup fo your device data. (Take a Nandroid Backup)
- Install the latest Mi A1 USB drivers on your PC.
- Download ADB and fastboot tools on your computer and install it.
Instructions to Install:
There are three different installation methods available for the Xiaomi Mi A1 handset which you can follow. We have provided both the installation methods such as the TWRP method, the Fastboot method, and the ADB Sideloading method. You can follow any of the methods and download the firmware accordingly.
Installing the TWRP Flashable Zip
- We assume that you have properly followed the pre-requirements and unlocked the Mi A1 bootloader already. If not, do this first. Then follow the next steps.
- Next, you have to install TWRP recovery on the Mi A1. Required for the first installation method only.
- Download and copy the flashable ROM file (zip) into your device storage.
- Now, enter Mi A1 into Recovery Mode.
- After booting into the TWRP menu, tap on the Install button.
- Browse for the ROM zip file and select it.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- After flashing completed, select Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache as well.
- Finally, restart the phone and wait for it. Your device will boot into a new system.
Install Via Fastboot Method
- First of all, you have to download the Fastboot ROM zip file.
- Next, extract the file with a .bat extension file from the ROM zip file.
- You will need ADB and fastboot tool for this process. Make sure to install it from the pre-requirements section.
- Now, enter the Mi A1 device into Fastboot mode by press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Connect the device to the PC/Laptop via a USB cable.
- Now, select the Fastboot ROM file with .bat extension and flash it.
There is a third alternative method to install the software update on the Xiaomi Mi A1 device. We have shared the ADB Sideloading method to install the firmware easily.
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed or updated the latest Security patch for the Xiaomi Mi A1 device. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.