Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G started receiving September 2021 security patch update with build number N986BXXS3DUH5 which is based on Android 10.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner and will soon hit every user around the world. If you have a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G with variant SM-N986B, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to September 2021 with build number N986BXXS3DUH5.
Check Software Update on Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G:
If you are using Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G, then you may receive the September 2021 patch with firmware version N986BXXS3DUH5. If you don’t then check for the OTA update manually by following the step: Settings app | About Phone | System Updates. In case you see any new updates, click on the download button to start the upgrade process.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G and are connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G using the ODIN tool.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G (SM-N986B)
- Region: Global
- Build Number: N986BXXS3DUH5
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-09-01
Install N986BXXS3DUH5 September 2021 Patch on Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
Flashing firmware on your Galaxy device is easy, all you need is firmware, drivers, and a tool called ODIN. If you have all this, then you are good to follow this guide.
- This firmware (N986BXXS3DUH5) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
- N986BXXS3DUH5 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the September 2021 Security patch for your Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G model with build number N986BXXS3DUH5. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.