Are you facing a problem with GPS on your OnePlus 6T? Here is the right article for you to solve the issue. GPS is one of the most used services on any phone as it provides turn-by-turn direction to the destination. This also provides user’s location and helps ease location-based-services such as food-ordering, cabs and various other services.
Imagine that you are trying hard to connect to the GPS on your smartphone using Google Maps or any other map service. You find that the GPS is not turning on or the map is not providing the accurate details. This is considered as one of the many GPS problems that the users come across on a daily basis. If you are reading this article, here are a few 360-degree solution guides that will help you to fix the OnePlus GPS problem.
Different Ways to Fix OnePlus GPS Issue
- Toggle Airplane Mode: Why should the device be toggled to airplane mode? is the question that is asked by various users. Toggling your device to airplane mode resolves the issue and this is also proved by thousands of users. All you need to do is turn on the airplane mode that will disconnect all the incoming and outgoing networks temporarily. Keep the flight mode activated for a few seconds. To turn the GPS off, toggle on its icon under the notification tray. GPS would start now.
- Toggle GPS: While you are turning on the GPS, the device may have encountered any problem and as such, you are not able to use it. In this case, turn the GPS off and then turn it on again and repeat it several times that will definitely kick start the service.
- Check for any intrusion in the network: Interference may cause loss of the quality of the signal received by the GPS receiver. Check if your device is caused by any interference nearby that includes removing the phone cover too as this might also be made up of some material that intercepts the signal.
- Reboot the phone: Rebooting your device has various benefits. This resolves all the minor software glitch or bug that may have been encountered while you were trying to turn on a particular device such as Wi-Fi, GPS etc. Rebooting your phone is helpful in any software related issues and you can rely on it whenever you notice an odd behavior on your mobile phone device.
- Turn on the High Accuracy Mode: This helps the phone to provide a better GPS signal and connectivity. This consumes more power but is totally worth if you are looking for the accurate details. Activate the same by zipping to the setting app > Location> Mode> click on ‘High accuracy’.
- Clear System cache: It is good to always wipe off the cache files from the system every day for which you may follow the below methods.
- Click on the Settings> Storage> Scroll to view Cache storage> Click on Cache Storage and delete the files
- Another method is visit the settings app and click on the app section where you can check the list of downloaded apps. Now check each app individually and tap on Clear Data or Clear Cache to get rid of these files.
- Clear GPS cache: The GPS on your device has its own cache files that are called YGPS and AGPS. Clear the same by visiting Settings> Apps> All> YGPS/AGPS> Clear Cache
- Update the Google Map: It is very important to update whatever map services that you use as it brings features while eliminating bugs and issues that might have caused the issue of GPS on your phone
- Check for the software updates: An outdated firmware may create problems to allow a bug to infect the system and cause errors. Hence it is essential to keep the firmware updated to avoid such problems.
- Reset the device: Resetting the device will definitely put an end to most of the software-related problems. Here’s a guide on this.
- Turn off your phone
- Now hold the power button and volume up button together for 10seconds
- Leave the button when the phone screen shows an Android logo
- Scroll the menu using the volume down/up key and select factory reset/wipe data using the power button
- Select Yes and delete all the user data
If none of the above works, it is very important to seek help from the service center. As such, you will be able to know about the phone repair or the actual problem with your mobile phone device. Ensure to get it fixed so that the issue will not repeat again. This may be just a software-related issue and can be resolved by the showroom staff if cannot be done by your own.