Monomi Park has done a great job by releasing Slime Rancher 2 as a first-person life simulation adventure video game in September 2022, which is available for Windows, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming platforms. This indie title is the sequel to the previous generation Slime Rancher which is currently in the Early Access stage. Meanwhile, several Slime Rancher 2 players face the Disconnection Problem on their respective devices while getting in.
If we take a quick look at the r/Slimerancher2 subreddit forum, multiple players have suddenly started receiving the game disconnection issue. The game gets disconnected unexpectedly whenever players try to load the game save progress. That means the game system forces players to continue playing the game and moving forward but not to go back to the previous gaming sessions, which is weird. Well, it’s happening on PC and Xbox.
Slime Rancher 2 Disconnection Problem, How to Fix?
Now, if you’re also facing the same kind of issue then don’t worry because here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds for you that should help. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it.
1. Re-insert Batteries on Xbox Controller
Some of the affected Slime Rancher 2 players on the Xbox Series X|S console might also encounter such an issue. But luckily there is a way to temporarily avoid it. Just remove the batteries from your controller and put them back into being able to move forward again only if you’re stuck and can’t get going forward after encountering the disconnection issue with saved game progress.
2. Reboot the PC or Xbox Console
It’s also highly recommended to reboot the PC or Xbox console depending on whatever device you’re using to play Slime Rancher 2 and facing the suddenly disconnected issue while loading the saved game progress. There might be a temporary system glitch or cache data issue with the game on the device that can trouble you in some cases. It’s always a better idea to forcefully restart your gaming device by simply long-pressing the Power button.
3. Power Cycle Your PC or Xbox Console
Sometimes performing a power cycle method can also come in handy for a lot of users. The Power Cycle method can clear out the temporary system glitches on the device that may trigger game loading regarding issues. To do so:
- Shut Down the PC or Console > Unplug the Power cable from the device and power source.
- Wait for around 5 minutes and then reconnect the cable to the device and power source.
- Make sure to Power On the device and try loading the game again.
4. Run the Game as an Administrator (PC)
You should run the Slime Rancher 2 game on your PC via the admin access which is prompted by the User Account Control (UAC) to the system. It allows permission for the system to run the specific game files properly to avoid launching issues.
- Go to the installed Slime Rancher 2 game directory.
- Right-click on the application file on your PC.
- Click on Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Once done, click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Then you can run the game to check for the issue.
5. Update Slime Rancher 2
You can also check for the available Slime Rancher 2 game updates on your PC or Console manually by following the steps below. If you’re having an outdated game version then the chances are high that you might encounter several issues with the game launching or loading the saved game progress.
For PC (Steam):
- Open Steam and go to Library.
- Click on Slime Rancher 2 from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Make sure to wait for some time until the update completes.
- Once done, ensure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
For PC (Epic Games Launcher):
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to Slime Rancher 2.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
- It should automatically install the available update for the Slime Rancher 2 game.
For Xbox Series X|S:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Select My games & apps > Select See all.
- Choose Manage > Go to Updates.
- If there is an update available, your console will automatically install the new patch.
6. Check for Software Updates
If you’re running an outdated Windows version or build number for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for the same. Always try to install the latest update of the system so that you can get the latest security patch, improved performance, bug fixes, additional features, and more.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Settings.
- Click on Windows Update and click on Check for updates.
- If there is an update available, click on Download and Install.
- Wait for the update process to be completed.
- Once done, reboot your PC to apply changes.
7. Verify and Repair Game Files (PC)
It’s also worth mentioning to verify and repair the installed game files on the PC if the game files are corrupted or missing for some unexpected reasons. Sometimes issues with the game files might cause game launching problems a lot. You can follow the steps below to repair the game files.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Slime Rancher 2 from the list.
- Click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- This process may take some time to get completed. So, have some patience.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon next to Slime Rancher 2.
- Click on Verify > Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was useful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.