Finally, Sony rolled Android 8.0 Oreo update for Sony Xperia X Performance. The update brings the latest Android 8.0 Oreo along with latest features and update. If you are running the Android 7.1.2 Nougat, then you must give a try for the new baked sweet of Android known as Android Oreo. Along with this update, you will also get the latest Security Patch and other bug fixes. Now you can download Sony Xperia X Performance Android 8.0 Oreo for the model: F8131 and F8132.
Before proceeding, let’s understand about the device. Sony Xperia X Performance was launched in February 2016. The phone comes with a 5.0-inch IPS LCD touchscreen display with a resolution of 11080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Quad-core Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 processor and 3 GB of RAM. The device came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgraded to both Android Nougat and Oreo. This device packs a 64 GB of expandable internal storage. Sony Xperia X Performance brings a 23-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 13-megapixel camera on the front.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) to users. The rollout is in a phase-wise manner, it may take a couple of days or weeks to receive the update notification on your phone. If you are not patient, then you can upgrade Sony Xperia X Performance to Android 8.0 Oreo manually.
With the new update, Sony Xperia X Performance will see a couple of changes such as, New boot splash screen which will say “Sony Xperia X Performance ThinQ” along with new AI integrations, like AI Camera, which introduces new camera filters as well as scene recommendations. The Security Update on this build is still running in March 2018.
If you can’t wait for the Official OTA update, then you can check for the guide to install Sony Xperia X Performance Android 8.0 Oreo update manually. Before that, let’s brief about what is new in this OS:
Table of Contents
What’s on Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
How to check OTA Update on Xperia X Performance manually?
If you didn’t receive the notification of the new update, then Go to Settings —> About phone —-> System updates. You may find the new update with build number 41.3.A.2.128 for Xperia X Performance, hit the download button to start downloading and installing the update. After downloading the FTF, your phone will be upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo.
[su_note note_color=”#fbf5c8″ text_color=”#000000″]
Before proceeding to upgrade the Sony Xperia X Performance, your phone must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery and also enough storage to complete the installation process.
We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case if things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading the update for Sony Xperia X Performance. As this update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
Download Firmware Here
|Build Number||Firmware Details|
|41.3.A.2.128||May 2018 Security|
|41.3.A.2.107||April 2018 Security|
|41.3.A.2.99||March 2018 Security|
|41.3.A.2.75||February 2018 Security|
|41.3.A.2.58||January 2018 Security|
Steps to Install Sony Xperia X Performance Android 8.0 Oreo manually:
First of all, download the firmware file with build number zip and then follow the below pre-requisite.
- This will work on Sony Xperia X Performance, Don’t Try this on Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Make sure that you have Latest Sony USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC.
Instructions to Install:
I hope you have installed all the above required Sony tools and drivers on your PC. Now you can install the Android Oreo Stock firmware on Sony Xperia X Performance by just tapping the tutorial link down below.
[su_note note_color=”#fbf5c8″ text_color=”#000000″]Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are at GetDroidTips are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.[/su_note]
- First of all, Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC/Laptop
- Download the FTF Files and move the firmware file to your Sony Flash Tool –> Firmware folder
- Make sure to install the Flash tool drivers on PC by finding the installed location of Sony Flashtool (C:\Users\–PC Name–\flashtool.)
- Now download the Sony USB Drivers from the Pre-Requisite link and install it
- Now you need to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. To Enable the USB Debugging, First, you need to activate the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your Computer
- Power off your phone and now hold VOLUME DOWN button and connect the phone to the computer using USB Cable.
- Once your phone detects on Sony Flashtool window
- Now in the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –>> Flash mode and select the firmware from the firmware folder
- Recommended to clean install by selecting the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log (This will wipe your data and do a clean installation)
- Now tap on OK button and wait for the firmware to load completely.
- Your installation process will start, now wait for few minutes to complete the installation.
- have fun with the latest version of Oreo update on Sony Xperia X Performance.
So, that’s all about it. You have successfully upgraded your phone to the latest version of Sony Xperia X Performance to Android 8.0 Oreo. If you have any questions or doubts or even feedbacks. Please comment below. I hope this guide was helpful to install Sony Xperia X Performance Android 8.0 Oreo Update.