Sony started rolling a new update for Xperia XA2 family (Xperia XA2, XA2 Ultra, and XA2 Plus) which upgrades the security patch level to May 2019. The update is labeled with build number 50.2.A.0.379 and rolling out for users in over-the-air. The latest security maintenance release fixes several vulnerabilities and based on Android Pie.
With this update, Sony improved the overall security features and improved the performance of the Xperia XA2 family. You can check for the software update manually from the Xperia XA2 family Settings > About Phone > Software update. But if you’re an advanced user and don’t want to wait for a long, install the firmware update package from the Xperia flash tool. The firmware with build number 50.2.A.0.379 is currently available for download from below.
How to Download Over-The-Air Update..?
The OTA (over the air) usually comes to your device automatically but there is no guarantee how long it would take you to receive the OTA individually. This means even if the update is available in some parts of your region, you may not get to see it for weeks due to phase-wise roll out. So, the alternative way is to search for the software on your own. To do it,
- Go to device Settings > System Updates
- Now Tap on Check for Updates.
- If the 50.2.A.0.379 update is available up simply tap Download to begin
The software for May 2019 may weigh a lot in size. So, the ideal way is to find and connect to a Wi-Fi network. Then download the OTA via Wi-Fi. It will save your carrier data charges. Your Xperia XA2 must have at least 50% or more before installing the new May 2019 security update.
Details of Firmware
Here are the details of the firmware which brings the May security for Xperia XA2 family.
- Device Name: Sony Xperia XA2 family (Xperia XA2, XA2 Ultra, and XA2 Plus)
- Baseband Version: 50.2.A.0.379
- Security Patch Level: 2019-05-01
- Software Supported: Xperia Flash tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Download Xperia XA2 family 50.2.A.0.379 FTF Firmware
Here is the firmware link for Xperia XA2 family which is based on the May 2019 security patch update.
- Sony Xperia XA2 Firmware
- Sony Xperia XA2 Dual Firmware
- Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra Firmware
- Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra Dual Firmware
Install May 2019 Security Software 50.2.A.0.379
To install the new firmware, you’ve to follow some guidelines mentioned below. Also, you’ll require the flash tools and USB drivers exclusive to Sony. You can find that up below.
- Firmware files provided in this guide are device specific and supports Sony Xperia XA2 family. Don.tuse it on other devices.
- Take a complete backup before doing this procedure. If your device is rooted, then you can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- A PC/Laptop
- Make sure that you have Latest Sony USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop
- Download Sony Flash tool and install on your PC.
- You’ve to enable USB debugging on your device.
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 50% before upgrading.
FTF Firmware Installation Guide for 50.2.A.0.379
Step-1 Download the firmware file and copy it to the device storage.
Step-2 Now open the Sony Flashtool on your PC/Laptop.
Step-3 Switch off your phone and hold Volume Down button. At the same time holding the Vol Down, connect the phone to the PC via USB Cable.
Step-4 Now on the PC your phone will be detected by the Sony Flashtool window.
Step-5 Now in the Flashtool, Tap on Flash device > Flash mode.
Step-6 Now browse and select the firmware file from the folder where you’ve moved it.
Step-7 We will follow a clean install. This means we have to wipe out data. To do it, select the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log options.
Step-8 Tap on OK button and wait for the firmware to load completely.
Step-9 Now the installation process will begin. So you should wait for a few minutes until the update completes and the device reboots.
So, that’s it, guys. Install the latest update and fortify your device from various security vulnerabilities. We hope that this tutorial is helpful to you.