Sony has finally started rolling the official Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Xperia XZ Premium. The latest build number comes with 47.1.A.3.254. Now you can download the latest version of Android 8.0 Oreo with software version 47.1.A.3.254.
The official OTA update of Oreo 47.1.A.3.254 for Xperia XZ Premium weighs 1.3GB in size. The update brings the software version for both Xperia XZ Premium and XZ1. Along with Oreo feature, Sony also added 3D creator app, Predictive Capture(Smile) and Autofocus.
Along with features, Sony has improved the sound quality of the front facing speaker, aptX HD support when using wireless headphone, also you can enable “Correction for image distortion”.
If you are running the official Android Nougat build, then you may receive the update notification on your phone anytime soon. The update is sent via OTA in a phase wise manner. You can get the update via OTA and the rollout has started few minutes back. You can either wait for the official OTA or simply download the version from our link down below. We also have given the full guide to download and update the Xperia XZ Premium with 47.1.A.3.254.
- This will work on Sony Xperia XZ Premium. Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC.
Steps To Install 47.1.A.3.254 Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 8.0 Oreo Update (G8141 and G8142)
- First of all, Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC/Laptop
- Download the FTF Files and move the firmware file to your Sony Flash Tool –> Firmware folder
- Make sure to install the Flash tool drivers on PC by finding the installed location of Sony Flashtool (C:\Users\–PC Name–\flashtool.)
- Now download the Sony USB Drivers from the Pre-Requisite link and install it
- Now you need to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. To Enable the USB Debugging, First you need to activate the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your Computer
- Power off your phone and now hold VOLUME DOWN button and connect the phone to computer using USB Cable.
- Once your phone detects on Sony Flashtool window
- Now in the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –>> Flash mode and select the firmware from the firmware folder
- Recommended to clean install by selecting the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log (This will wipe your data and do a clean installation)
- Now tap on OK button and wait for the firmware to load completely.
- Your installation process will start, now wait for few minutes to complete the installation.
- have fun with the latest version of 47.1.A.3.254 Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 8.0 Oreo Update (G8141 and G8142).
This Article is about installing latest 47.1.A.3.254 Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 8.0 Oreo Update (G8141 and G8142). Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on 47.1.A.3.254 Nougat in the comment section below.