The trend of stereo speakers that always been an On & Off situation in recent years with OEMs switching back and forth between the two. But this hasn’t stopped the Android developers from creating various mods to enhance the audio quality of the device. The OnePlus 6T doesn’t have stereo speakers but developers at XDA have created a flashable zip which enables the earpiece to be used as a secondary loudspeaker. Let’s dive into the details.
- OnePlus 6T with an Unlocked Bootloader
- TWRP Custom Recovery for OnePlus 6T (Download Now)
- Magisk 17.3 ( Download Now )
- Stereo Speakers MOD Magisk Zip File. (Download Now)
Step 1: Installing TWRP Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Reboot the device into fastboot mode by switching off the device and then holding Volume Up and Power Key at the same time.
- Once in fastboot mode, Open CMD window in ADB & Fastboot directory by holding the shift key and right-clicking the mouse.
- Copy the TWRP image file to the ADB & Fastboot directory and execute the following commands in CMD
fastboot flash recovery <twrpfilename>.img
fastboot boot <twrpfilename>.img
- Replace the twrpfilename with your file name and that's it. Once you're in recovery just Swipe to the left to allow modifications to the system.
Step 2: Flashing the Stereo Speakers MOD Zip File through Magisk
Now that you have a working Custom Recovery installed and booted. Follow the procedure below to install the Stereo Speakers MOD on your device.
- Click Install in recovery and browse the zip file for Magisk 17.3
- Just Swipe to the left and wait for it to finish.
- After Installation, Wipe Cache & Dalvik then reboot the device.
- Open Magisk Manager App and go to the Modules section.
- Browse you Stereo Speaker MOD zip file and Install it.
- Reboot to activate the module.
|Note: After Flashing the Magisk Zip file in recovery, if the Magisk Manager app doesn't show up in App Drawer or Installed Apps then you will have to install it manually from the link given above.|
That's all there to it. Now you can enjoy the stereo speaker mod on your OnePlus 6T. This isn't something official so you might face some issues when using this mod. If you guys are having trouble flashing the zip file or regarding custom recovery then do let us know in the comments below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.