On this page, we will guide you on how to install the firmware file on Archos 55b Platinum based on Android 5.1 Lollipop. This device is powered by the latest Spreadtrum SC7731G chipset which comes in decent specifications and a budget price. If you’re using the Archos 55b Platinum handset, then you can check out the full guide on the steps and requirements to flash Stock ROM.
Some of the users may experience soft brick or device boot loop issues while flashing any Custom ROM. That may happen during or after installing the Custom ROM or any mod files as well. Meanwhile, it’s necessary to revert to the stock ROM again to fix the temporary issue.
In order to flash the firmware file on your Archos 55b Platinum device which is powered by the Spreadtrum chipset requires SPD Flash Tool and some drivers, and proper guidance. Here in this article, we will share with you the tutorial of installing stock firmware easily.
Stock Firmware and its Advantages
A Stock ROM or Firmware is official software crafted and developed by the official manufacturer for a particular device. It will be stable and almost bug-free as well. The Stock ROM comes with necessary system files and applications which provides a better user experience than a custom ROM.
Though a Custom ROM offers customizations and tweaks, it has some security issues possibly. You can’t really rely on a Custom ROM as compared to the Stock ROM. Whereas, you can also fix some of the device issues as well:
- You can fix the soft brick issue on your Archos 55b Platinum.
- It Fixes the boot loop and instability issue as well.
- You can skip the Screen Lock and remove malware as well.
- You will get preloaded Google Applications as well.
- To upgrade or downgrade your Archos 55b Platinum.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- You Can Remove the root on your device [Unroot]
- You can Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth, and more.
- Device Model: Archos 55b Platinum
- Required Tool: SPD Flash Tool
- Processor: Spreadtrum SC7731G SoC
- Android OS Version: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- File: Stock Firmware Update
- Gapps: Included
Steps to Install Firmware File on Archos 55b Platinum
Check out the pre-requirements and the download links of the firmware file and SPD Flash Tool file given below:
Download Firmware Files:
- Firmware File Name: Archos_55b_Platinum_SC7731_20160901_5.1_SPD.zip
- Download Link: Download
- The ROM file is only for the Archos 55b Platinum handset. Don’t try this ROM on any other device.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50%-60% at least for a smoother process.
- Make sure to keep a device backup at first before starting the flashing process.
- You need a Windows PC/Laptop for installing the drivers and connect your device for the flashing process.
- A USB cable for your device as well to connect your device to the PC.
- Download Spreadtrum Flash tool – Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest SPD Flash Tool on your PC
- USB Drivers: Download Archos USB Drivers
Follow the links provided below to get a full in-depth guide on how to install a firmware file on the Archos 55b Platinum device easily.
I hope this guide is useful to upgrade the firmware file on Archos 55b Platinum.