In this guide, we will show you how to flash the stock firmware onto DEXP G550. This budget offering from Dexp is surely going to give a tough competition to other players in this highly competitive segment. Considering the price point to which it belongs, it manages to hold quite a decent specs sheet. The underlying Mediatek chipset coupled with 1GB RAM and quad-core processor should be sufficient for the light to normal daily usage.
To install the firmware flash file on DEXP G550, you need the software flash tool known as SP Flash Tool (aka Smartphone flash tool). This software is supported for Mediatek powered devices.
Table of Contents
The Need to Flash Stock Firmware on DEXP G550
One common query that would come to your mind is why to manually flash the firmware when the device would be getting the OTA updates. Well, this is quite a valid concern from your end. So here’s the thing. The OEM usually releases the updates in batches. In other words, this is a staged rollout where not everyone gets the update at one go. But if you have got hold of the update package, then you could easily cut this wait time and manually flash the stock firmware right away.
Then if you are among the tech enthusiasts, you might consider going for device modifications. These would include the likes of unlocking bootloader, flashing custom recoveries, or rooting it via Magisk. While on one side all these would end up adding new features to your device. However, on the other hand, a slight mistake would end up your device in a boot loop or soft-brick state. But even then you could bring back your device from dead by flashing the stock firmware onto your DEXP G550 device. And in this guide, we will help you with just that.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Do the manual flashing process at your own risk. Taking a full data backup is always recommended.
- Gapps File: Included
- Device Supported: DEXP G550
- Tool Supported: SP Flash Tool
- Processor: MediaTek MT6739
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on DEXP G550:
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requisite and install the necessary drivers and tools on your PC.
- Supported device: DEXP G550
- Charge your phone: You need at least a 50% charge on DEXP G550
- Laptop or PC: To carry out this installation, you need a PC or Laptop.
- Take Device Backup:
- Backup Android Phone Without Root on any device
- Backup IMEI and NVRAM on Mediatek Chipset Android Device
- If you have TWRP Recovery, Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery
- Smartphone Flash Tool: Download the latest SP Flash tool and extract it (Install)
- VCOM driver: Download VCOM Driver and install it on your computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones)
- Install Latest Driver: Install the Latest Android USB Drivers
- Download: Download the below given required files on your PC.
Download Flash Files:
Flash File Name: Initial firmware
File Size: 1 GB
OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
Download Link: Click Here
Instructions to install:
Here is a detailed guide mentioned below which you can follow completely.
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tool on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your DEXP G550, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- Wait for a few minutes, If you see a green button on your flash tool which means the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your DEXP G550
I hope you installed the Stock ROM on DEXP G550 successfully, Now please rate this website with your comment. We always welcome feedback and improvements.