Doogee Mobile is a mobile phone brand that’s owned by Spain with Shenzhen DOOGEE Hengtong Technology Co., Ltd. The company has launched the Doogee X90 smartphone in April 2019. It’s an entry-level budget tablet that comes with 1GB of RAM and Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition. It’s powered by quad-core MediaTek MT6580A SoC, 16 GB of internal storage which is expandable. The handset offers a 6.1-inch display, a 3400 mAh battery, a dual 8MP + 5MP rear, and a 5 MP selfie camera.
On this page, we will guide you on how to install the official firmware file on Doogee X90. Due to Android’s open-source nature and easily customizable functionalities, users or developers can tweak or use mods on Android devices. It will lead the device system quite laggy or buggy as well. If in case, you’re facing performance issues with the software, you should reinstall the Stock Firmware. By flashing the Stock ROM again on your Android smartphone, you will get back on track easily.
Additionally, most of the advanced users always perform flashing, taking backups, restores, customizations, Custom ROM flashing, flashing Root, etc. In these cases, you may find that the third-party custom firmware doesn’t work smoothly or doesn’t offer stability like Stock Firmware. Therefore, you can feel that get back to the Stock ROM will be useful for that moment. If you really facing these kinds of issues and wants to go back to Stock ROM, follow the full detailed guide and requirements.
Stock Firmware and its Advantage
The smartphone OEMs don’t provide that many customizations or functionalities to the device by default. But it’s the most stable ROM according to the device model and Android version.
While most of the third-party firmware comes with system bugs and stability issues. In this case, you may find battery issues, camera issues, network issues, basic features missing, lags, heating, slow down in performance, and more. But whenever you move to the Stock ROM, you can fix these issues easily. Here we have mentioned some of the Stock ROM advantages below:
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Doogee X90
- Fix the device boot loop issue
- Upgrade and Downgrade your phone software version
- Flash Stock ROM to unroot the device
- Fix Bugs on your phone
- Fix lag or stutter on Doogee X90
- Increase software performance, battery draining issue, OTA update issue
- Revert back to Stock ROM will gain phone warranty (if applicable)
- Device Supported: Doogee X90
- Tool Supported: Smartphone Flash Tool
- Processor: MediaTek MT6580A SoC
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo Go Edition
- File: Software Update
- Gapps: Included
Check for OTA Updates Manually
Your device will itself detect and grab the OTA when it becomes available. You will get the notification to install it. If you don’t get the OTA automatically, then manually check for the update. Follow these simple steps mentioned below.
- Go to the device Settings > System menu > System Update > Tap on Check for Update option.
- If the OTA update appears then tap on Download and install to begin the installation process.
- It may take a few minutes and then reboot your device.
- Now, your handset will boot into a new system.
Now, you have to download the Stock Firmware file for Doogee X90 from below.
Steps to Install Firmware File on Doogee X90
Now, follow the full step-by-step installation process to easily flash the firmware file on your Doogee X90 device. But before heading over to the installation process, let’s take a look at the requirements.
- ROM file supported: Doogee X90 only. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Charge the device battery up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your device with the PC.
- Flash Tool: Download the SP Flash tool
- USB Drivers: Download Doogee USB Drivers | MTK USB Drivers / VCOM Drivers
Download Firmware Files:
DOOGEE_X90_Android8.1-20190527: Download Link
Instructions to install:
Now, let’s go to the installation steps. Here we have provided the installation method in both writing and video guide.Guide to Install Stock Firmware using SP Flash Tool
Additionally, you can follow the video tutorial as well for better guidance.Video Tutorial to Install Stock ROM via SP Flash Tool
We hope that you have successfully installed the stock firmware on your Doogee handset model Doogee X90. For any queries, you can write them down in the comments below.