On this page, we will guide you on how to install the official stock ROM flash file on your Huawei Honor 5X KIW-L21. Well, the device runs out of the box with Android 5.1 Lollipop under EMUI 3.1 which is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor.
To install the firmware flash file on Huawei Honor 5X KIW-L21, you need to download the software called Huawei Flash tool. This method simple and easy.
Table of Contents
Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
Stock ROM is the operating system that comes pre-built when you buy the device from a retailer. Usually when a person needs to customize his device with custom ROMs and other modifications he opts to move on from the stock firmware. However, when things go wrong during any modification, reverting back to the stock ROM is the only option that can solve this issue.
By installing a stock ROM you can solve the issue of boot loop, device bricking. Besides, you can perform a system OS upgrade or downgrade as per your choice.
- Flash Stock to unbrick your Huawei Honor 5X device
- Fix the device boot loop issue
- Upgrade and Downgrade your phone software version
- Flash Stock ROM to unroot the device
- Fix bugs or lag or stutter on Huawei Honor 5X device
- Increase software performance, battery draining issue, OTA update issue
- Gain phone warranty again (if applicable)
Steps to Flash Firmware File on Huawei Honor 5X (KIW-L21)
Now, before we get straight to the installation guide, make sure to follow the prerequisites section below and make sure you download the flash tools and drivers in your PC.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Huawei Honor 5X (KIW-L21). Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can Backup your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
Stock Firmware Information
- Device Supported: Huawei Honor 5X (KIW-L21)
- Model: KIW-L21
- Android OS: 5.1.1 Lollipop
- User interface (UI): EMUI 3.1
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 616
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Now, grab the stock firmware for the Huawei Honor 5X from the link below.
Instructions to Install via Recovery:
Now, let’s go to the full depth installation guide. Here we have shared the installation guides. Follow it and install the stock ROM on your Huawei Honor 5X device.
- First of all, Download and extract the Huawei smartphone Multi Download Tool on your computer.
- Now, Download and Install the Huawei Handset Product Line Driver, Huawei USB Driver, Qualcomm USB Driver, on your PC.
- Launch the QPBLFBML01.exe file to open the Huawei Multi-Download Tool.
- Next, you will see the XML firmware file upload option.
- Click on the Browse button (three-dot icon) and it will ask for the password.
- Don’t put anything, just leave it blank and click on the Set button.
- Now, select the .xml firmware file for your device and click on Open.
- Then click on the Next button.
- You will see the installation progress page. Connect your device via a USB cable with the Fastboot or Download Mode.
- Next, click on the Scan&Download button to start flashing the stock firmware.
- It will automatically detect the Fastboot device and will take some time to install it.
- Once flashing done, restart your device.
So, that’s all about how to install stock ROM on Huawei Honor 5X. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubt, do let us know.