If you are someone who is looking to install Stock ROM on Huawei Honor 5X (KIW-L24) then this guide is for you. We believe you were trying to customize your device but the process went wrong. Now you may be facing issues such as Bootloop, or bricking of your smartphone. Otherwise, you may want to upgrade or downgrade the operating system on your smartphone. The only solution is to flash stock ROM on your device.
We have put up the stock ROM for Huawei Honor 5X (KIW-L24) which is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Also, we have put up the tutorial to flash the ROM on this device. So, check it out.
Table of Contents
Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
Stock ROM is the operating system that comes pre-built when you buy the device from a retailer. Usually when a person needs to customize his device with custom ROMs and other modifications he opts to move on from the stock firmware. However, when things go wrong during any modification, reverting back to the stock ROM is the only option that can solve this issue.
By installing a stock ROM you can solve the issue of boot loop, device bricking. Besides, you can perform system OS upgrade or downgrade as per your choice.
- Flash Stock to unbrick your Huawei Mate 7 device
- Fix the device bootloop issue
- Upgrade and Downgrade your phone software version
- Flash Stock ROM to unroot the device
- Fix bugs or lag or stutter on Huawei Mate 7 device
- Increase software performance, battery draining issue, OTA update issue
- Gain phone warranty again (if applicable)
Install Stock ROM on Huawei Honor 5X (KIW-L24)
Now, before we get straight to the Steps of stock ROM installation, make sure to follow the requisites section below and have the flash tools and drivers installed on your system.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Huawei Honor 5X (KIW-L24). Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can Backup your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery..
Stock Firmware Information
- Device Supported: Huawei Honor 5X (KIW-L24)
- Model: KIW-L24
- Android OS: 5.1.1 Lollipop
- User interface (UI): EMUI 3.0
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 616
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Now, grab the stock firmware for the Huawei Honor 5X from the link below.
Instructions to Install via Recovery:
Now, let’s go to the full depth installation guide. Here we have shared the installation guides. Follow it and install the stock ROM on your Huawei Honor 5X device.
So, that’s all about how to install stock ROM on Huawei Honor 5X. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubt, do let us know.