If you are someone who is looking to install Stock ROM on Huawei Y3 2018 (Model: CAG-L23, L22, L02, L02) then this guide is for you. We believe you were trying to customize your device but the process went wrong. Now you may be facing issues such as Bootloop, or bricking of your smartphone. Otherwise, you may want to upgrade or downgrade the operating system on your smartphone. The only solution is to flash stock ROM on your device.
We have put up the stock ROM for Huawei Y3 2018 CAG-L23, L22, L02, L02 which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Also, we have put up the tutorial to flash the ROM on this device. So, check it out.
Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
Stock ROM is the operating system that comes pre-built when you buy the device from a retailer. Usually when a person needs to customize his device with custom ROMs and other modifications he opts to move on from the stock firmware. However, when things go wrong during any modification, reverting back to the stock ROM is the only option that can solve this issue.
By installing a stock ROM you can solve the issue of boot loop, device bricking. Besides, you can perform system OS upgrade or downgrade as per your choice.
Install Stock ROM on Huawei Y3 2018
Now, before we get straight to the Steps of stock ROM installation, make sure to follow the requisites section below and have the flash tools and drivers installed on your system.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Huawei Y3 2018 CAG-L23, L22, L02, L02. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can Backup your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery..
Stock Firmware Information
- Device Supported: Huawei Y3 2018
- Model No: CAG-L23, CAG-L22, CAG-L02, CAG-L02
- Codename: CairoGO
- Tool Supported: Smartphone Flash Tool
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo
- User interface (UI): EMUI 8.0
- Processor: Mediatek MT6737M
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Now, grab the stock firmware for the Huawei Y3 2018 from the link below.
Download Required Files:
- Firmware File
- Huawei_Y3_2018_CAG-L23_CairoGO-L22_B048_MT6737M_8.1_05022KSE| Download
- Huawei_Y3_2018_CAG-L02_CairoGO-L22-B048_MT6737M_8.1_05022KSE | Download
- Huawei_Y3_2018_CAG-L03_CairoGO-L22_B048_MT6737M_8.1_05022KSE | Download
- Huawei_Y3_2018_CAG-L22_CairoGO-L22_B048_MT6737M_8.1_05022KSE | Download
- Huawei_Y3_2018_CAG-L22_MT6737M_L22C185B144_08212018: Download
- Download and Install the latest SP Flash Tool which you will use for installation.
- Download Mediatek VCom drivers
- Install the Latest Huawei USB Drivers
Now, let’s go to the full depth installation guide. Here we have shared the installation guides on both text and video format. Follow it and install the stock ROM on your Huawei Y3 2018 device.Guide to Install Stock ROM using SP Flash Tool
You can also check out our full depth video tutorial as well.Video Guide to Install Stock ROM via SP Flash Tool
Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Huawei device recovery only if dload software is available. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on Huawei device.Guide to Install Huawei Firmware on any Huawei smartphone
So, that’s all about how to install stock ROM on Huawei Y3 2018. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubt, do let us know.
Huawei Y3 (2018) Specifications:
Huawei Y3 (2018) features a 5.0 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. The smartphone is powered by a Quad-core 1.1 GHz Cortex-A53 Mediatek MT6737M processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. The phone packs 8GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 128GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Y3 (2018) comes with 8 MP, LED flash, and 2 MP Selfie camera.
Huawei Y3 (2018) runs on Android 8.0 Oreo (Go edition) and backed by Li-Ion 2280 mAh Non-removable battery. The handset supports Hybrid Dual SIM with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.