Meizu 16T smartphone was launched in October 2019. The device came with a 6.5 -inch Super AMOLED display with Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855 SoC, triple rear camera setup, Android Pie, etc. With each and every day of our life, we are getting productive and addictive to the smartphone. If you’re using an Android device and you’re a fan of the Android ecosystem, then customizations will be your priority. Most of the advanced Android users or developers customize or tweak their devices. Now, in this case, if you’re installing any Custom firmware or modding any file, you may get issues with your device software. Here we will guide you on how to install Stock ROM on Meizu 16T.
The guide is simple and easy to follow. You can watch our complete video guide. Some times flashing any mod file or tweaking your device in an improper way or unsupported file/too, may brick your device. Therefore, you have to install the official Stock Firmware on your device again in order to get back in track. Even if you’re using any Custom ROM and finds some issues with the software or performance, it will be a good idea to get back to the Stock ROM. Flashing a Stock ROM can fix all the basic and common software and device performance issues easily.
Check out the importance of a Stock Firmware and follow the full installation guide for Meizu 16T device from below.
Table of Contents
Meizu 16T Reviews and Specifications
Meizu 16T was announced in October 2019 which sports a 6.5-inch Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2232 pixels. The device has an aspect ratio of 18.5:9 and a screen-to-body ratio of 85.2 %.
Meizu 16T is powered by an Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485) with Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset coupled with 6/8GB of RAM and 128/256GB of internal storage. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under Flyme 8 and backed by a 4500 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a triple-camera setup with 12MP + 8MP + 5MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with a 16MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass. etc. The Meizu 16T comes with a face unlock feature.
Importance of Stock Firmware
The official Stock ROM or a Stock Firmware is provided a smartphone OEM to its devices by default. It offers better security and stability to the device system with compatible updates. It’s a very important part of your smartphone. However, if you’re facing any issues with a Custom ROM, you can install the stock firmware again. It will fix most of the issues. Such as:
- With the help of Stock ROM, you can unbrick your Meizu 16T.
- Solve the boot loop issue on Meizu 16T.
- You can bypass system Lock and Screen Lock.
- Removes any possible case of spyware or Adware in your devices.
- To fix any bugs on your Meizu 16T.
- Fix OTA update issues.
- Fix battery draining or slow charging issue.
- App force close issue.
- Get back your device warranty. (If applicable)
- Device Supported: Meizu 16T
- Tool Supported: QFil
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855 SoC
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- File: Software Update
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Meizu 16T
Before doing anything, we need to have the Stock ROM file for the Meizu 16T model. Check out the download link from below.
- This ROM file is for the Meizu 16T only. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Charge your phone battery up to 60% at least before doing anything.
- Make sure to take a complete backup without Root of your device data.
- Create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
- A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable is required.
- Download and install Meizu USB drivers on your Windows PC.
- You can only install this ROM using QFil Tool. So, download the QFil Flash Tool.
[note color=”green” title_tag=”p” title=”Download Link”]
[note color=”red” title_tag=”p” title=”Disclaimer:”]We’re at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any hardware or software issue happening to your phone upon installing this firmware or following this guide. Perform this installation at your own risk.[/note]
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA Stock ROM via Meizu device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Meizu device.
- Download the Firmware Package and move it to internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode by pressing Power and Volume up Button until device Logo appears then Release Your Phone.
- Now your device will be boot into recovery.
- Now clear all the data by tapping on Wipe Data
- To install new update, click on Install update and then select the downloaded firmware package from Storage.
- Click Install
- Now, wait till the software installation.
- Once it is done, reboot your device.
Method 2: Install via QFil Flash tool
Now, let’s go to the installation part. Here we have provided the installation guides. Follow it and install the stock ROM on your Meizu 16T.
[su_button url=”https://www.getdroidtips.com/install-use-qualcomm-flash-image-loader-qfil/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#31528e” color=”#ffffff” size=”7″ center=”yes” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fa6512″]Guide to Install Stock ROM using QFIL Tool[/su_button]
That’s it. We hope that you’ve successfully installed the stock ROM on Meizu 16T. We hope this tutorial was helpful to you. In case you have any queries, do let us know in the comments below.