Meizu is a Chinese company that launches some seriously good phones. The smartphones of Meizu are mostly underrated and comes in the shadow of other flagship players from china itself like Huawei, Oneplus, and Xiaomi. Recently, Meizu has launched its most powerful smartphone which can easily compete with the other big flagship smartphones. The Meizu 17 Pro. The phone was launched on May 8, 2020, having the top of line specifications.
Today we have the latest stock ROM flash file for the Meizu 17 Pro based on Android 10. Well, the device itself came out of the box with Android 10 under FlymeOS 8.1 and powered by Qualcomm processor. To install the firmware flash file, we need a software called QFil or QPST Tool which can be helpful to flash the stock ROM on your device. The method is simple and easy. We have also added video and step by step tutorial to make things easier to flash the official flash file.
This process is helpful if you have bricked your device, experiencing lag, or shuttering performance, to fix Bluetooth and WiFi issue, to unroot or bypass the FRP lock. So without further wasting our time, let’s understand what is stock firmware flash file.
Meizu 17 Pro Device Overview
The phone features Snapdragon 865 coupled with Adreno 650 GPU. The phone has a 5G modem included in the chipset as well. Meizu 17 Pro has 8 to 12 GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 128 or 256 GB of fast UFS 3.0 storage option. The phone has a big 4500 mAh of non-removable battery that supports Qualcomm’s quick charge 3.0 of fast wired charging as well as 27w of fast wireless charging. Meizu claims that the phone can be charged from 0-45% in about 30 minutes by using the 30w USB type-C fast charger that comes with the phone.
The phone has a ceramic frame and a ceramic back panel which happens to be very durable. It weighs around 219 grams and has a thickness of only 8.5mm. Meizu 17 Pro features a 6.6inches of punch hole design super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels with a pixel density of 390 pixels per inch (PPI). The display also has a 90 Hz of high refresh rate and supports HDR 10+ certification. The screen to body ratio is around 86% and has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. The phone comes with Android 10 based on Flyme 8.1 OS which is Meizu’s Android skin. It also features a face unlocking system alongside an optical in-display fingerprint scanner.
Meizu 17 Pro features a quad-camera setup at the back and a single front-facing camera. At the back Meizu 17 Pro has a 64 MP IMX 686 main camera sensor with an 8 MP telephoto lens followed by a 32 MP ultrawide sensor having a 129° of field of view and data, in the end, it has Samsung’s S5K3 3D Time Of Flight(Tof) sensor. The phone has a 5-LED dual-tone flash a the back. It can record videos at up to 4K 2160p@30 and 60fps from the back camera. The front camera is a 20 MP shooter that can capture images in HDR. The front camera can also record the videos at 1080p.
It has dual firing stereo speakers along with Bluetooth 5.1 and dual-band WIFI. They have also added Meizu’s new mEngine 3.0 haptic engine which gives better vibration feedback. Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, gyroscope, GPS, NFC, and proximity sensor. The Meizu 17 Pro is available in mint green, black, and white colors. Meizu is also bringing two limited edition versions with the Collectors Edition 17 Pro it is expected to arrive on May 25 as well as an Aircraft Carrier version of the Meizu 17 which will be launching on May 27.
Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
Stock ROM is the operating system that comes pre-built when you buy the device from a retailer. Usually when a person needs to customize his device with custom ROMs and other modifications he opts to move on from the stock firmware. However, when things go wrong during any modification, reverting back to the stock ROM is the only option that can solve this issue.
By installing a stock ROM you can solve the issue of boot loop, device bricking. Besides, you can perform a system OS upgrade or downgrade as per your choice.
- You can unbrick your bricked Meizu 17 Pro.
- Fixes the boot loop and instability issue as well.
- To upgrade or downgrade your Meizu 17 Pro.
- You can skip the Screen Lock and remove malware as well.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- You Can Remove root on your device [Unroot]
- You can Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth, and more.
- You can fix the soft brick issue on your Meizu 17 Pro.
- You can preload Google Applications as well.
Steps to Flash Meizu 17 Pro Firmware File
Now, before we get straight to the Steps of stock ROM installation, make sure to follow the requisites section below and have the flash tools and drivers installed on your system.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Meizu 17 Pro. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can Backup your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
- Device Supported: Meizu 17 Pro
- Tool Supported: QFil or QPST tool
- Android OS: Android 10
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Now, grab the stock firmware, flash tool, and drivers for the Meizu 17 Pro from the link below.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Meizu device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Meizu device.
- To install the OTA package, download and move the OTA file into your phone’s internal storage.
- Now reboot your device into recovery.
- Clear the cache
- Tap on install update via SD Card or internal storage option
- Find your OTA package and proceed to installation
- When the installation is done, you can reboot your device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:
Method 3: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Meizu 17 Pro :
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Meizu 17 Pro.
So, that’s all about how to install stock ROM on Meizu 17 Pro. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubt, do let us know.