In this guide, we will provide you how to install stock ROM on Nubia Z20 (Model: NX627J) based on Android 9.0 Pie. It’s a mid-range Android smartphone comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset. If you’re using Nubia Z20 handset and want to install the Stock ROM by any reason, you can check out the full guide on the steps and requirements.
In order to flash the Stock ROM on your Nubia Z20 device which is powered by the Qualcomm chipset, requires QFil Tool and some drivers, and full guide. Here in this article, we will share with you the guide of installing stock ROM easily. The flashing steps are quite easily mentioned here. However, you can also check out the video tutorial as well in case you want a visual experience as well.
- What is Stock Firmware?
- The Advantages of installing Stock ROM:
- Firmware Details:
- Firmware Changelog and Downloads
- Steps to Install Stock ROM on Nubia Z20 NX627J
- Nubia Z20 – Device Overview
What is Stock Firmware?
A Stock ROM or Firmware is official software crafted and developed by the official manufacturer for a particular device. It will be stable and almost bug-free as well. The Stock ROM comes with necessary system files and applications which provides a better user experience than a Custom ROM.
Though a Custom ROM offers customizations and tweaks, it has some security issues possibly. You can’t really rely on a Custom ROM as compared to the Stock ROM.
The Advantages of installing Stock ROM:
Whereas, you can also fix some of the device issues as well:
- You can unbrick your bricked Nubia Z20 NX627J.
- Fixes the bootloop and instability issue as well.
- To upgrade or downgrade your Nubia Z20.
- You can skip the Screen Lock and remove malware as well.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- You Can Remove root on your device [Unroot]
- You can Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth and more.
- You can fix the soft brick issue on your Nubia Z20.
- You can preload Google Applications as well.
- Device Model: Nubia Z20
- Required Tool: Qualcomm Flash image loader Tool
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus Chipset
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Gapps File: Included
- File: Stock ROM Update
Firmware Changelog and Downloads
optimization: system stability
optimization: Google security updatesfeature
new: three fingers screenshot function
optimization: The status bar displays the percentage of battery experience
optimization: to inform the management application list to quickly experience index
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Nubia Z20 NX627J
First, you need to download the required files in order to start the flashing process. Here are the download links of the firmware file and QFil Tool file download links given below:
- Flash Tool: QFil Flash Tool | QPST Tool
- Drivers: Nubia USB Drivers | Qualcomm QDLoader driver
- The ROM file is only for the Nubia Z20 handset. Don’t try this ROM on any other device.
- You should charge at least 50%.
- Perform a device backup at first before starting the flashing process.
- You need a Windows PC/Laptop for installing the drivers and connect your device for the flashing process.
- A USB cable for your device as well to connect your device to the PC.
- Now, download and install the USB Drivers on your Windows PC.
- Download and install the Flash Tool.
- If the QFil tool doesn’t work, please follow the second method to flash with QPST Tool
Follow the links provided below to get a full in-depth guide on how to install stock ROM on Nubia Z20 device easily.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Nubia Z20:
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Nubia Z20.
I hope this guide is helpful to upgrade or downgrade your Nubia Z20 anytime.
Nubia Z20 – Device Overview
The ZTE Nubia Z20 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ SoC processor which is paired with 6/8GB of RAM. In the display department, it sports an AMOLED display of 6.42 inches with 1080 x 2340 pixel resolutions with a secondary display on the back which is an AMOLED 5.1-inch screen. The Nubia Z20 is available in options of 6GB/128GB, 8GB/128GB and 8GB/512GB of memory and storage. It runs on the Android 9 Pie out of the box with the Nubia UI 7 on top. Note that there is no dedicated memory card slot on this device.
In the camera section, it has a triple camera setup that houses 48MP+8MP+16 MP lens which comprises of a wide, telephoto, and an ultra-wide sensor, respectively. Interestingly, for selfies, you can make use of the secondary screen provided on the back and the rear camera acts as the front-facing camera giving you a triple camera setup at the front as well. One interesting feature of the device is that the device has a dual fingerprint scanner mounted on either side of the device. Also, this phone comes with a massive non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery and supports fast battery charging 27W.