The Chinese smartphone OEM OPPO always tries to offer mid-budget segment smartphones under the Reno series. All the Reno series smartphones provide excellent specifications and features. Similarly, the Oppo Reno S (CPH2015) model is likely to launch very soon at the time of writing this article. It will come with all the flagship-grade specifications at an affordable price tag. If you’re using this device then you should check How to install Stock ROM on Oppo Reno S CPH2015 [Firmware flash file].
The handset runs on Android 9.0 Pie over ColorOS 6 skin. Here we’ve provided the full guide to install the stock firmware on your Oppo Reno S handset manually with download links and requirements. Now, talking about the device specifications, the device has a 6.5-inches IPS LCD display with 1080×2340 pixels resolution quality. It’s powered by the Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC, 8GB RAM, 128GB onboard storage, quad rear cameras of 64MP+8MP+13MP+2MP lens.
While the front features a 20MP selfie shooter. It features a 4,300mAh battery with VOOC charging support. It packs dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C port, a 3.5mm audio jack, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, 4G VoLTE, and more. While all the major sensors are also available on this device.
- Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
- Steps to Install Stock ROM on Oppo Reno S CPH2015
- Firmware Details:
Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
Stock ROM is the operating system that comes pre-built when you buy the device from a retailer. Usually when a person needs to customize his device with custom ROMs and other modifications he opts to move on from the stock firmware. However, when things go wrong during any modification, reverting back to the stock ROM is the only option that can solve this issue.
By installing a stock ROM you can solve the issue of bootloop, device bricking. Besides, you can perform system OS upgrade or downgrade as per your choice.
- You can unbrick your bricked Oppo Reno S.
- Fixes the bootloop and instability issue as well.
- To upgrade or downgrade your Oppo Reno S.
- You can skip the Screen Lock and remove malware as well.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- You Can Remove root on your device [Unroot]
- You can Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth and more.
- You can fix the soft brick issue on your Oppo Reno S.
- You can preload Google Applications as well.
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Oppo Reno S CPH2015
Now, before we get straight to the Steps of stock ROM installation, make sure to follow the requisites section below and have the flash tools and drivers installed on your system.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Oppo Reno S. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can Backup your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
- Device Supported: Oppo Reno S CPH2015
- Tool Supported: QFil or QPST tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus
- File: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
Now, grab the stock firmware, flash tool and drivers for the Oppo Reno S from the link below.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Oppo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Oppo device.Guide to Install Oppo Firmware on any Oppo smartphone
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:
Method 3: Instructions to Install via MSM Download tool:
- Download the MSM Download tool, firmware, and drivers on your PC.
- Now install the USB drivers
- Place the MSM download tool and firmware in the same folder
- Open the MSM download tool and connect your device to PC/Laptop
- Once you connect, it will automatically load the firmware, if not select it manually.
- Click on the start button and wait patiently to complete the installation process.
- Once it is done! remove your device from PC. That’s it!
Method 4: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Oppo Reno S:
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Oppo Reno S.
So, that’s all about how to install stock ROM on Oppo Reno S CPH2015. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubt, do let us know.