Oukitel K12 launched in March 2019. Here in this guide, we will share with you how to install a firmware file on Oukitel K12. We have also mentioned all the download links, pre-requirements, and installation guide as well. Oukitel provides smartphones with an affordable price tag, maximum performance, with the current design.
Talking about the specifications, Oukitel K12 features a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2248 Pixels. It is powered by MediaTek Helio P23 MT6763T, a 64-bit processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 128GB internal memory with expandable storage support of 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Oukitel K12 comes with a Dual 16MP + 5MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 8MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-Removable 10000 mAh Lithium-Polymer Battery. Oukitel K12 also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
By flashing the Stock ROM again on your Android smartphone, you will be able to use your device easily again. Additionally, most of the advanced users always perform flashing, backups, restores, customizations, Custom ROM flashing, installing Root, etc. If in case, you may experience software issues or device performance issues, follow the full guide here.
Stock Firmware and its Advantages
The phone OEMs doesn’t provide that much of customizations or functionalities to the device by default. But it’s the most stable ROM according to the device model and Android version. While most of the third-party firmware comes with system bugs and stability issues. In this case, you may find battery issues, camera issues, network issues, basic features missing, lags, heating, low performance, etc. But you can fix these issues easily by installing the Stock ROM.
Check out the Stock ROM advantages below:
- Flash Stock to unbrick your Oukitel K12 device
- Fix the device boot loop issue
- Upgrade and Downgrade your phone software version
- Flash Stock ROM to unroot the device
- Fix bugs or lag or stutter on the Oukitel K12 device
- Increase software performance, battery draining issue, OTA update issue
- Gain phone warranty again (if applicable)
- Device Supported: Oukitel K12
- Tool Supported: SP Flash tool
- Processor: MediaTek MT6763T SoC
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- File: Software Update
- Gapps: Included
Manually Check for OTA Updates
If you’re using the Oukitel K12 device then the update will come soon via OTA. You will get the notification to install it. If you don’t get the OTA automatically, then manually check for the update. Follow these simple steps mentioned below.
- Go to the device Settings > System menu > System Update > Tap on Check for Update option.
- If the OTA update appears then tap on Download and install to begin the installation process.
- It may take a few minutes and then reboot your device.
- Now, your handset will boot into a new system.
Now, you have to download the Stock Firmware file for Oukitel K12 from below.
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Oukitel K12
Before doing anything, we need to have the Stock ROM file for the Oukitel K12. Check out the download link from below.
- The firmware file and installation guide are for the Oukitel K12 only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least in order to skip the occasional shutdown.
- Make sure to take a complete backup without Root of your device data.
- Create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery method.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download SP Flash Tool on your PC and install it.
- Download Oukitel USB Drivers on your PC
- You will also require Download VCOM Drivers and install them.
Download Firmware Files:
|Software Details||Download Link|
|Flash File Name: Oukitel_K12_MT6765_V17.0_20190517.zip
File Size: 1.39 GB
Android Version: 9.0 Pie
Now, let’s go to the full depth installation guide. Here we have shared the installation guides on both text and video format. Follow it and install the stock ROM on your Oukitel K12 device.
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Oukitel K12, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- Wait for a few minutes, If you see a green button on your flash tool which means the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Oukitel K12
You’re done. We assume that this guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed or updated the Stock ROM on Oukitel K12 device. For any queries, do let us know in the comments below.