Last updated on March 15th, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Did you accidentally brick your Oukitel WP2 device and want to flash the stock firmware again? If so, then we will help you to install the firmware flash file on the Oukitel WP2 device. Since Oukitel WP2 is a MediaTek MT6750 soc-based device, we need to use the SP Flash tool to flash the Stock Firmware on this device. If you have never done this before then don’t worry. We will guide you through all the necessary steps.
If you’re facing any kind of software issue in your device, then installing the firmware file on Oukitel WP2 will solve all the problems. Whether it be lagging issues, software issues, or performance issues.
Oukitel WP2: Device Overview
Oukitel WP2 was announced in August 2018 which sports a 6-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels.
Oukitel WP2 is powered by a 4x 1.5 GHz ARM Cortex-A53, 4x 1.0 GHz ARM Cortex-A53, Cores: 8 with MediaTek MT6750T chipset coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo and backed by a 10000 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a dual-camera setup with 16MP + 2MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 8MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass. etc. The Oukitel WP2 come with a face unlock feature.
How to Install Stock Firmware on Oukitel WP2
Installing Stock ROM on Oukitel WP2 is an easy process by using the SP Flash tool. SP Flash tool is also known by the name of Smartphone Flash Tool. Many people believe that installing Stock ROM will cause more problems to their device. But this isn’t true at all. If you’re installing Stock ROM for the first time, then do not worry. At GetDroidTips, we will guide you through every step while flashing stock firmware on Oukitel WP2.
To make this guide easier for new users, we are going to divide this into multiple parts. First, we will help you to setup device drivers and Flash software. Then we will begin with the actual process followed by the downloading Stock ROM. So are you ready?
Advantages of Installing Stock ROM
Here are some of the advantages of installing stock ROM on your Oukitel WP2:
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using the Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from Oukitel WP2
- You can fix the boot loop issue on Oukitel WP2
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped error on Oukitel WP2
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk: Mediatek Guide or Spreadtrum Guide
- You can unroot Oukitel WP2
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device: Mediatek FRP Guide or Spreadtrum FRP Guide
- Restore Oukitel WP2 back to Factory State
- Device Supported: Oukitel WP2
- Tool Supported: SP Flash tool
- Processor: MediaTek MT6750
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
- File: Software Update
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Oukitel WP2
Now, before we get straight to the Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Oukitel WP2, let us take a look at some of the prerequisites.
- This guide will only work for Oukitel WP2
- You should have a working Windows PC/Laptop
- Charge the device battery up to 50%
- Take a backup of your Device. This includes any important photos, contacts, messages, emails, etc.
- Download the SP Flash tool and install it on your PC.
- VCOM driver: Download – Install the VCOM Driver on your computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones)
- Download and install Oukitel USB drivers on your Windows PC.
Once you have the above prerequisites, you can proceed to Instructions to Install Stock ROM on Oukitel WP2.
Download Flash Files
|Software Details||Download Link|
|Flash File Name: OUKITEL_WP2_V15_20180910
File Size: 1 GB
Android Version: 8.0 Oreo
Instructions to Install:
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the firmware installation steps below:
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Oukitel WP2, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- Wait for a few minutes, If you see a green button on your flash tool which means the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Oukitel WP2
So that’s it guys, this is how you can fix all the issues in your Oukitel WP2 by flashing Stock ROM. We hope that you find this post useful. If you’re facing any kind of issue during the flashing process, then let us know via the comment section. We will be happy to assist you. Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day!