In this post, we will tell you how to Install Stock ROM on Philips S257. It will come in handy when your device is bricked, or it’s facing bootloops issue or any other bugs. The Philips S257 is a MediaTek MT6737 chipset based device, we need to use SP Flash tool to install the stock firmware on this device. We have put up the full guide for you with all the necessary steps.
Well, you might be facing the lagging issue, or maybe you tried to root your Philips S257 which did not go too well and you end up bricking your device. Whatever the case might be, one of the best solution to fix your Philips S257 is by installing or flashing Stock ROM back on it. You can consider flashing Stock ROM like doing a Factory Data Reset on your Philips S257 running on stock ROM.
Table of Contents
How to Install Stock ROM on Philips S257
Well, the answer is simple. Yes, Installing stock ROM on Philips S257 is quite easy. We will make use of the SP Flash tool in this process. This tool is also known by the name of Smartphone Flash Tool. There are many misconceptions regarding installing stock ROM. However, if it’s a first time flashing a ROM manually, then do not worry, we will guide you completely.
To make this guide convenient for our users, we are going to divide this into multiple segments. First, we will help you to setup device drivers and Flash software. Then we will begin with the actual flashing process followed by the downloading of the corresponding Stock ROM.
What are the Advantages of Installing Stock ROM on a Smartphone..?
Here are some of the advantages of installing stock ROM on your device:
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Philips S257
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the boot loop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade Philips S257
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on Philips S257
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty
- Device Supported: Philips S257
- Tool Supported: SP Flash tool
- Processor: MediaTek MT6737 SoC
- Android OS: 7.0 Nougat
- File: Software Update
- Gapps: Included
Here is the download link for the stock ROM for Philips S257
Guidelines to Install Stock Firmware on Philips S257
Now, before we get straight to the Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Philips S257, let us take a look at some of the prerequisites.
- This guide will only work for Philips S257.
- You should have a working Windows PC/Laptop
- Charge the device battery up to 50% or more
- Take a backup of your Device. This includes any important files, media, contacts, emails, etc.
- Download SP Flash tool and install on your PC.
- VCOM driver: Download – Install the VCOM Driver on your computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones)
- Download and install Android USB drivers on your Windows PC.
Guide to Install Stock ROM on Philips S257
After you download the firmware for Philips S257, you can now install the firmware. Here is the complete guide which you can follow to flash stock firmware on Philips S257.
So, that’s all guys. If you want to flash firmware to complete stock on Philips S257 then follow this guide. We hope that it is helpful for you.