The Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus smartphone is powered by 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor and it comes with 3GB of RAM. The phone is embedded with 32GB of internal storage that can be expanded to 128GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus packs a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front camera for selfie lovers.
If you’re among users who have knowingly or out of curiosity wrong-flashed your ROM and is facing the brick issue, here is a simple guide which lets you unbrick your Xiaomi device.
Apart from flashing wrong firmware, there are several other reasons behind the device getting a brick, some of them include flashing corrupted zip’s, wrong flashing custom ROM’s, accidentally removing system files and lots more. For all these scenarios, you need a flash stock firmware for your Xiaomi device.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Stock ROM is a powerful firmware that has multiple uses which include:
– Update Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
– Downgrade Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
– Rollback Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus firmware
– Unroot Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
– Unbrick Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
– Restore Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
– Fix unknown IMEI / No signal for Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
– Repair firmware solutions for Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
Note: Installing Stock ROM for the unbrick function will unroot your phone and return it to its factory state.
RECOMMENDED READ: Install Latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.25 For All Xiaomi Devices
To install the Stock ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
Kindly follow the following steps below:
Download the following tools
[su_note note_color=”#fcfce6″]Note: The Microsoft .NET framework needs to be functional on the PC / Laptop for the tools to be installed.[/su_note]
- Ensure your phone is fully charged
- Ensure your PC is charged and has the requisite drivers
- Make provision for a USB Cable
- Download and unpack the stock firmware with extension .tgz (Not flashable .zip)
- If the downloaded file has a .gz extension, rename to a .tgz extension.
- Driver signature must be disabled in windows 8 and 10 (You can reference the guide on how to disable driver signature enforcement on windows)
- Ensure the downloads are the latest ones with respect to your phone
Installing Stock Rom on Redmi 5 plus
– Install MI Flash tool
– Extract fastboot ROM
– On the phone, enable device debugging (skip this if the device is not bootable) and connect to PC via Xiaomi deep flash cable. Make sure the phone is not in charging mode (if the device is not hard bricked then use the normal cable), reboot your device to fastboot mode by pressing the down volume button + the power button.
– Run MI flash tool on your PC
– Locate global stable ROM extracted folder
– Click on the refresh button to detect the Xiaomi device connected to the device. Then the flashing process is ready to start.
– Click on flash and wait for a few minutes until the flashing is complete
– After flashing is complete, your phone should switch on automatically with its new version, if not, disconnect USB and power on manually to access the device.
The following process is a simple guide on unbricking Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus devices by flashing stock firmware.