Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is the first phone in Xiaomi’s youth-focused Y series. The phone offers pretty much everything you might expect a phone worth its price to have, if not more. It is a selfie enthusiast which brings a 16- megapixel selfie camera and a diffused selfie flash. There is a chance that sometime you may brick your device while doing some technical things like flashing TWRP or installing root on it. To solve this we will install stock ROM on our device. If you are looking to install Stock ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Y1 Lite, then you are at the right place.
Now you can flash Stock ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Y1 Lite by following this tutorial. Here is the link to find the Stock ROM for Redmi Y1 and Y1 Lite: Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Y1 Lite Stock Firmware. The guide is simple and easy. All you need is to follow the steps properly.
- How To Root Install TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Redmi Y1/Y1 lite (Magisk)
- Download Install MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM For Redmi Y1/Lite
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Redmi Y1 and Y1 lite
Talking about the specs, Xiaomi Redmi Y1 features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 and Qualcomm MSM8940 Snapdragon 435 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory which can expand up to 256GB via MicroSD. The camera on the Xiaomi Redmi Y1 comes with 13 MP rear camera with f/2.2, phase detection autofocus, LED flash and 16MP front shooting camera.
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Y1 Lite runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box and a Non-removable Li-Ion 3080 mAh battery. It has a Fingerprint sensor in the back. The handset supports dual sim with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G, and 4G.
In this guide, you will be able to either downgrade or upgrade your Xiaomi smartphone. This guide will be helpful for people who are looking to fix/unbrick their smartphone or you can also return to stock ROM from custom ROM. If you dunno what is custom ROM and their differences, check this helpful guide to install Custom ROM on your Xiaomi Smartphone.
The Advantage Of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Y1 Lite
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the bootloop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Y1 Lite
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Y1 Lite
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- This Update is only for Xiaomi devices.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Download and Run Mi Flash Tool for flashing via fastboot mode
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Download Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Y1 Lite Firmware Here – Click here
Download Stock ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Y1 Lite
Steps to Flash Firmware via Fastboot :
- Download Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Y1 Lite Stock Firmware Here.
- Now turn your device off completely. Press the Volume– key and the Power button simultaneously to enter Fastboot mode.
- Once you have entered fast boot mode, you will see the Mi Bunny Fastboot mode picture (See screenshot below)
- Now connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable.
- You need to double click on the downloaded ROM file to extract it.
- Open the extracted ROM folder, and copy its path on the computer.
- To install Mi Flash Tool, Download Mi Flash Tool Zip and Extract the MI Flash tool on your computer.
- Now click on the installer file on your computer and continue the installation. (Ignore the security warning) and select run to continue the installation.
- After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste the address bar from the ROM file folder path copied in the 6th step. (You can also browse the folder by tapping the Select button)
- If you have pasted the Address code, Now Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
- Your flashing process has started, Now Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
That’s it, folks, I hope you have successfully installed the Stock ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Y1 / Y1 Lite by following the step above. Thank you!!!